really bad PB issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• really bad PB issues

I've dealt with the bugs of 2142 for a while but PunkBuster is now screwing me over. I've gotten errors from heartbeats stopped, communication error, pnkbstrB.exe failure to start, and now the game just crashes in the first 20 seconds of spawning. This is now effecting CoD4 getting com failures (error #132), heartbeats stopped and pnkbstrB.exe failure as well. ET:QW runs fine

This is my first time having issues with PB but let me fill you in on what I've done so far.

run PBsetup multiple times
    run PBsvc multiple times
    restart computer many times

on top of this I've also had some computer issues

IE crashes sometimes when I use my ImageShack tool
    my mouse (MX518) seems to cut out i.e. the optical light turns off although its plugged in, resolved by unplugging and replugging the USB cable.

I've also done full virus scans with Symantec 10.2 and nothing so far

I run Vista Home Premium with an E6750 with an Asus P5k-E

PLEASE post useful things and not just PB suckz or something stupid like that
    Reapator, overlord of ponies

Re: really bad PB issues

I had intermittent events when Punkbuster B would quit for no apparent reason. I now always us the PB Setup, add my games and its good to go. You listed that you have done that so my only advice, if you haven't done it already, is to completely uninstall/reinstall PB, run PB setup again and make sure you do not have any conflicts with anti virus/firewall. There have been a zillion updates recently and many people have had problems.

Comment

Well I think I got CoD4 to work, no errors after messing with it some more, but 2142 still locks up within 25 seconds of getting in

Comment

Assuming you reinstalled all...
        Have you changed your configuration in-game for 2142 for the time interval for PB to scan? If so, it may be out of bounds for what the server wants or expects. See info here>>http://bf2lag.com/top5tips.html

Also, is it possible that your BF player ID changed and needs to be updated on your TG profile?

One more random possible solution: Have you cleared your game cache files in BF2 lately? Sometimes that helps cure little random misdirections as it forces you to create a new file the next time you play each map.

Sounds like you are gaining ground anyway.

Comment

I have not edited the pb_sleep thing since I got my new machine so that is at stock

its not the squad quick, that is 90 seconds this is under 30

some files I delete often out of 2142 (the radial.cbd file is the big trouble maker)

Edit: CoD4 is now not working again COMM failure #132, again
          Last edited by Reaperassault; 12-24-2007, 06:47 PM.

Comment

I think I've got everything going again after a complete removal of 2142 and PB, thanks jb for letting me bounce ideas off of you

Comment

wow, hope things continue to work well.

Comment

Glad things are running better. One of my biggest pet peeves is to be all pumped up for game time and then have PB issues. AAAARRRGGGHHHH !

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X