Mind-Mapping Software

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mind-Mapping Software

I've gotten really into mind-mapping software lately. I have a pretty "wandering" mind so it helps me to focus my ideas as they come to me. They're also great for collaborative brainstorming, idea generation, presentations, workflow, task organization, organizing favorites, and a million other things. People even use them as a sub-OS.

The one I'm using currently and the one I think is the best:
    http://www.mindjet.com/us/index.php

The best (somewhat) FREE Mindmapping software:
    http://www.thebrain.com/#-47

Mindjet I love because it's more based on the traditional premise of a mindmap; Using many visual cues with the ability to see a huge map topic on one page. It's also extremely customizable and very easy to use, along with VERY professional. Overall, it has the most capabilities of all the progs. I've seen. (i've fooled with a lot of them)

Personal Brain is nice because it looks more like a computer OS (if you like that kinda thing). It feels more interactive in that the map is pretty animated most of the time. It's also a bit more vanilla of a program and seems to take less resources, moreso geared as a Startup App that you work off of immediately upon turing on your computer. Personal Brain is great for branching large amounts of topics that share equal weight, rather then Mindmanager which tends to have 1 central topic that has to be linked to other mindmaps to accomplish the same thing. Alas, PB isnt a traditional mindmap and is more of an organizational tool rather then a creative one like Mindmanager. It's also less visually appealing, which tends to work against the premise of a Mindmap, which is to evoke imagery.

So, for all you app-whores out there (like me). My recommendation is to use Personal Brain to organize your Favorites, along with providing logical connections to the folders on your system. For anything truly "mindmap" oriented, I recommend MindManager; it seriously helps to work through an idea and present it in a way anyone can follow.

I can honestly say after scribbling in my "little black notebook" for years, that using a MindMap is vastly superior for seeing an idea, project, task, etc. to fruition.

enjoy!

Re: Mind-Mapping Software

I personally use and enjoy CMap Tools. They get bonus points for their website.
    [volun2]
    NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
    Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
    <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
    <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Originally posted by Pokerface View Post
      I personally use and enjoy CMap Tools. They get bonus points for their website.
      Nice tool! And free too. Interesting idea putting notations between subjects, makes it a different type of map entirely. I wonder why cmap never came up in my searches.

I'll have to make a cmap Concept Map template in MindManager (it has that ability also).

Comment

Did FreeMind come up in your searches? It's decent, but I like the feel of CMap better.
        [volun2]
        NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
        Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
        <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
        <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse