HDMI Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HDMI Question

I have an HDTV I'd like to use as my 2nd monitor for my pc, as well as using it for my xbox.

The Tv has an additional HDMI input, but how do you adapt DVI to it and still get the audio in?

Just curious.

The card is HDCP capable, if that makes a difference.

Re: HDMI Question

just get a DVI to HDMI cable. The audio will have to go in through a different channel I believe.
    ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
    No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

yeah only way to get audio through HDMI is to be HDMI on both ends, converting to DVI will mean u have to get your audio from another source.

Comment

i think there is a cable that has hdmi on one end and a combo of dvi and RCA audio on the other.. its only stereo, but there might be other options
        powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Tonk View Post
          i think there is a cable that has hdmi on one end and a combo of dvi and RCA audio on the other.. its only stereo, but there might be other options
          I know that Auzentech has talked about an HDMI addon card for their x-fi prelude. I don't know it if can get it yet, but what I think it would do is you plug one video out of the VC into the Addon card, and then it adds in the audio, to it's HDMI out.

This link saids " Other features such as Dolby Digital Live, DTS Interactive, DTS NeoPC will be available later through driver updates in Q4 as well as the expandability with HDMI 1.3 board."
          http://www.overclock3d.net/news.php?..._by_end_july/1

So I think there is an addon board in the works.
          Current game name : Lost, Phantom Thief

Comment

I just finished doing this myself on my new Samsung 61" DLP.

Yes, you will have to run a second cable for audio.

I used the DVI/to HDMI adapter to hook up video.
            My sound card had the mini RCA stero out or digital coax out for the audio, one of these goes into the TV or your A/V surround sound.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X