Help with vista

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with vista

So i got my new pc today and im having a major problem i call my internet company and they couldnt help me because its not with connection with them its with my vista . i cant seem to long onto most sites ? this one included anyone no why i cant connect to alot of sites ? i can get google up but i cant get msn, yahoo TG server ........ etc WTF is wrong it just hangs on connecting ? all my links wont work..... PS im new to vista as of today so i havent a clue !plz help

Re: Help with vista

Before you do this..what are you seeing on the screen?

The first thing to do is to try upgrading your network drivers. If that does not work, this frequently does.

1. win-key+R to open the run box
    2. Type devmgmt.msc and hit ENTER
    3. You may have to confirm the UAC
    4. Expand Network Adapters
    5. Right Click your NIC device
    6. Click Properties
    7. Click on the Advanced tab
    8. Select IPv4 Checksum Offload
    9. Set the value to Disabled
    10. Click OK
    11. You may need to reboot
    "Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." Gen. George Patton

Comment

nope that didnt work ? my adapter is Nvidia nForce networking controller ?..... still cant download any programs , and i cant view many sites ?

Comment

Can you run a tracert command on a couple of the websites that don't load? We have to figure out if it's the OS causing the problem or some other part in the route to the website that isn't loading properly.

Open a run box and type 'cmd' to open a command line.
        Use the command 'tracert www.website.com' to do the test.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

make sure the dns servers in your router are good. use freedns servers if you can...

also... it sounds like maybe a new computer. does it have norton or macafee or do you use the charter one?

also, bad cable.
          Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
          The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

i cant get steam to load up , yahoo , facebook, this website msn no adult sites will work ? but i get cnn's hompage and google
            i cant download any programs ?

Comment

Originally posted by FLooDY View Post
              i cant get steam to load up , yahoo , facebook, this website msn no adult sites will work ? but i get cnn's hompage and google
              i cant download any programs ?
              Soounds like a DNS or maybe some weird virus/zombie type thing?
              Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
              - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
              - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
              - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
              - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
              - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
              - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Can you do a Google search? (Not just visit the Google home page.) Can you follow any of the links it finds?

Is Windows Firewall running? (That might block Steam, but shouldn't block web access to Facebook or MSN.)
                Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

A tracert would help here. It'll determine whether the packets are getting stopped before it leaves the system, at the router, or somewhere else along the way to the website. We can't just assume it's the OS causing the problem. Don't completely believe what your ISP says.

Comment

i had my friend over and he couldnt understand why i can vist only certain sites ? it fooked my internet connection is fine , its vista somehow not letting me view webpages ? i dont get it !

Comment

Originally posted by FLooDY View Post
                      i had my friend over and he couldnt understand why i can vist only certain sites ? it fooked my internet connection is fine , its vista somehow not letting me view webpages ? i dont get it !
                      Have you done the tracert?! A ping to the sites that don't work? You say it's fine but you haven't mentioned what tests you've done to verify that it is Vista causing the problem. We can help with some things but we don't know what you've done. Saying that it doesn't work is not much help.

In the meantime, try looking for driver updates for your network card. If it's onboard networking, check out the motherboard site for driver updates. Also, check Windows Update for any updates.

Don't be frustrated despite the annoyance of something not working. Stay calm and give a detailed report of the steps you've tried and any problems you might have with attempting any solutions.

Comment

ok sorry read this here http://ezinearticles.com/?Why-Cant-I...sta?&id=477288

this is the problem but it still doesnt work i have also ran CMS and ping sites and they cant find them ?

Comment

Lol. How do you know that's the problem?

Comment

can someone come on ts and chat with me there about it ? pick a time and i will come on and see if you can help ?

Comment

http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
                              Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X