Problem with Mic

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Mic

Lately I've been getting problems with my mic. I just went out today and got a new one to see if that was the problem (needed one anyways) but it's still messed up. Somebody on the server told my to try adjusting my audio options which I did, but haven't had anything change afterwards. (That is if the audio controls are that icon on the bottom right of the screen). If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, it would be very welcome.

EDIT: the problem is that whenever I press the button to talk, all anyone hears is scratchy noise.
    Last edited by Deathblade1065; 01-01-2008, 11:26 PM.
    As I walk through the Valley of Death, I shall fear no Evil.
    For the valleys are gone and only Death awaits.
    And I am the Evil.

Re: Problem with Mic

Hi,

Could you please explain in more detail what is your problem?
    Low mic volume?
    "Mic Boost" option is disabled?
    If possible, post your mainboard brand and model, your sound card and your OS.
    sigpic
    "All wars are fought for money" (Socrates, 470-399 BC)
    "Only the dead have seen the end of the war" (Plato, 427-347 BC)
    "We make war that we may live in peace" (Aristotle, 384-322 BC)

Comment

Originally posted by Deathblade1065 View Post
      Lately I've been getting problems with my mic. I just went out today and got a new one to see if that was the problem (needed one anyways) but it's still messed up. Somebody on the server told my to try adjusting my audio options which I did, but haven't had anything change afterwards. (That is if the audio controls are that icon on the bottom right of the screen). If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, it would be very welcome.

EDIT: the problem is that whenever I press the button to talk, all anyone hears is scratchy noise.
      First thing to try is to unplug the mic and plug it back in. The scratchy Noise could be a lose connection (often happens to me).

Next thing to try would be to turn you mic volume all the way down and do a loopback test, well turning it back up. If it works then, you had it set to high and it was feeding back on it self.

Then if the sound is still scratchy, uninstall and reinstall your audio drivers.
      Current game name : Lost, Phantom Thief

Comment

your mic port on the soundcard might also be broken. So try it out on the frontside port, mobo port, or port on your speakers to see if it is just the port itself.
        "Give a man a match and he'll be warm for a minute. Light the man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life"

Comment

I was just wondering if I may have to update my audio drivers. I was recently on System Requirements Lab to see if my computer would run CoD4 because I plan on buying it, when I saw that it said my audio drivers could be updated. The weird thing is that my mic worked a few months ago and then just stopped.
          As I walk through the Valley of Death, I shall fear no Evil.
          For the valleys are gone and only Death awaits.
          And I am the Evil.

Comment

I had a problem before when I used in-game voip and TS at the same time. When I reinstalled my audio drivers everything worked after that. No matter what the problem, it wouldn't hurt to try that.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X