MX Revolution mouse

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MX Revolution mouse

If y'all are in the market for a new mouse and want one of these, it's on sale at Staples for $59.99.

Just FYI.

-rich73

Re: MX Revolution mouse

System Requirements
    PC
    Windows® XP
    Windows Vista™ (requires Internet connection)
    One, how did they forget to support 2000? Two, how crippled can your product be if you need an internet connection to use a MOUSE? OMG MY START MENU MISSED BECUZ OF LAG! Three, laser is lol. Four, no wire.

Comment

You could always try NewEgg for the mouse and wait until it comes down in price a bit more.

A lot of things require an internet connection now. Hell, the first time I plugged my speakers in and installed the drivers, my firewall said Creative needed to connect to the internet (electronic registration, etc.) and this was a good 3-4 years ago.

I don't think the mouse will stop working if you didn't allow the program to connect to the internet (or why support Plug n' Play?). The program probably is coded to connect and look for updates once it is installed.

If it does, then I'd be completely shocked. Might even make me reconsider a Logitech purchase in the future.
      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

i have gamed on this mouse for about 1.5 years now, i have never had 'wireless lag' like i have other mice, not once, never ever!!! i'd like to emphasize the end of my last sentence, because that is the problem that deters people who game from going wireless is lag, this mouse has none! ever! as for internet required for vista.... WHAT PRODUCT DOESNT NEED AN ONLINE PATCH TO BE COMPATIBLE WITH vISTA, everything that has came out before and after vista still needs patches to work online.... and.... "lazer > optical" more precision and less stray cursor
        powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Comment

Awesome mouse, just make sure the transmitter is in line of sight of mouse. I have experienced my mouse cutting out at times, not sure what is causing it though. Also, this mouse is SO much better when you download and use UberOptions with the logitech SetPoint software!!!

Comment

"my firewall said Creative needed"

Incorrect. Your firewall warned you that you had installed spyware that was attempting to steal your megahurtz. Need and Want to connect are two completely separate things.

"the problem that deters people who game from going wireless is lag"
            1) Batteries. OMG PAUZ TEH SCKRM I NED RECHURG BATS LOL
            2) Connection failure. "just make sure the transmitter is in line of sight of mouse. I have experienced my mouse cutting out at times"

"this mouse is SO much better when you download and use UberOptions with the logitech SetPoint software!!!"
            Which doesn't work on 2000 because they are rasist against OSes that aren't lame, cripped, or spies who sap your privacies.

Comment

Magna, you really need to attach lolcat photos to that post. :p

The Revolution looked interesting, but I was hoping Logitech would make another mouse with replaceable battery packs, so I can quickly swap a pack out when it gets low. I guess I could keep my MX1000 on its charger and use it as a backup. (I love my MX1000, a great upgrade from my old MX700, which I also loved.)
              Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

EDIT:

Scratch -----> Look at the G7. Or if you want, look at the new G9. G7 = Swappable batteries (600 mah Li-Ions).

Well, that is the state of affairs for Windows users. If you don't like it there is always UNIX/Linux distros.

Computers don't "want". If computers "wanted", then there'd wouldn't be much of a point in me studying AI.

1) Batteries - I have no qualms about swapping power cells in my G7 every 8 or so hours.
                2) Connection Failure - It has happened a few times. I figure the mouse locked up trying to switch frequencies when my router was sending/receiving packets and I was talking on my 2.4 GHz wireless phone. No biggie. Unplug and replace the USB dongle and I'm set to rock and roll. :)

There's a reason why Microsoft urges people to switch over to a newer OS. Besides, I don't think they write any more patches for Win2000. It has been out for quite a few years, even though I still have a copy of it. ;)
                |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                Former 9th & 13th

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

"that is the state of affairs for Windows users. If you don't like it there is always UNIX/Linux distros."

I'm happy to see Ubuntu is crawling closer to being useful; I put it on my laptop and am now awaiting 8.4 to see if they can figure out ubiquitous wireless cards.

Microsoft's support of the OS isn't important. It's equipment manufacturers who are remiss by not testing on 2000/SP4.

Comment

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
                    There's a reason why Microsoft urges people to switch over to a newer OS.
                    Cash, of course!

The kernel for XP and Vista is still the same one used for 2k. Updated with bug fixes and features (and new bugs). The UI (which unfortunately is deeply integrated with everything else) has changed a lot, and the 3D desktop is a good thing, as it uses the newer parts of the graphics cards. (The "3D" refers to what part of the chip is used, not to what is rendered. The older 2D parts of the GPUs just aren't worked on anymore by the video chip makers.)

Besides, I don't think they write any more patches for Win2000.
                    My email/forum machine runs 2k, and I still get security patches for it. Just got one this week. If I put a newer graphics card in it, I'd probably game on it, too. (Mobo is AGP, though.) My game machine is XP64 with an 8600GTS.
                    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by MagnaCentipede View Post
                      I'm happy to see Ubuntu is crawling closer to being useful; I put it on my laptop and am now awaiting 8.4 to see if they can figure out ubiquitous wireless cards.
                      One of these days I need to build a machine just for running Linux and then I'm going to install Ubuntu and enjoy all the fabulous wallpapers they have. :D
                      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                      Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Just to chime in here as a counter to Magna's ignorant sarcasm, I got the MX1000 when it came out and upgraded to the MX Revolution soon after it was released. These fast RF laser mice are the best out there. Period.

The only criticism that I've seen here that has any worth is about the mouse not having a replaceable battery. Well, assuming that you understand an LED display on the mouse, and that you're physically able to place your mouse on the charging stand when it gets down to one bar, this won't be an issue. I usually have to charge my mouse every week or so, depending on usage.

Something that hasn't been mentioned, but is a concern, is the fact that the mouse shuts after twenty seconds of inactivity. It does take a split second for the mouse to wake back up, so if you've found the perfect ambush spot in a game, make sure you do something with the mouse every ten seconds or you run the risk of suffering from battery conservation lag. It is for this reason that I wouldn't classify this mouse as a gaming mouse.

During normal operation of this mouse there is no wireless lag, there is no need for the intarweb, it has a higher resolution than most other "gaming" mice, and the ergonomics and non-gaming features are incredible. I paid over a hundred bucks for mine. $60 is a steal and I would absolutely recommend it to anyone at that price.
                        Become a supporting member!
                        Buy a Tactical Duck!
                        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                          Something that hasn't been mentioned, but is a concern, is the fact that the mouse shuts after twenty seconds of inactivity. It does take a split second for the mouse to wake back up, so if you've found the perfect ambush spot in a game, make sure you do something with the mouse every ten seconds or you run the risk of suffering from battery conservation lag. It is for this reason that I wouldn't classify this mouse as a gaming mouse.
                          Same thing happens on my G7. But if you're camped down, you should be constantly scanning anyways. It's not a big issue since being cordless is a big plus in my book.

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                          During normal operation of this mouse there is no wireless lag, there is no need for the intarweb, it has a higher resolution than most other "gaming" mice, and the ergonomics and non-gaming features are incredible. I paid over a hundred bucks for mine. $60 is a steal and I would absolutely recommend it to anyone at that price.
                          If you have something like a Best Buy Rewards Card and you've spent quite a bit on it, you'd probably have collected a few certificates. I used most of my certificates to bring the original $100 price tag of my G7 down to $35. So with some luck, you might not even have to pay $60 for a cordless "gaming" mouse.

Once you've had a cordless "gaming" mouse, you're not gonna want to go back to wired mice. It just feels like backwards movement. ;)
                          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                          Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
                            Just to chime in here as a counter to Magna's ignorant sarcasm, I got the MX1000 when it came out and upgraded to the MX Revolution soon after it was released. These fast RF laser mice are the best out there. Period.

The only criticism that I've seen here that has any worth is about the mouse not having a replaceable battery. Well, assuming that you understand an LED display on the mouse, and that you're physically able to place your mouse on the charging stand when it gets down to one bar, this won't be an issue. I usually have to charge my mouse every week or so, depending on usage.

cing hits the nail right on the head, i, as well, bought it when it first came out (upgrading from the mx1000 as well) and paid $109 for it, and it is well worth a hundo, but 60 is a steal, i might have to buy a second one for a spare