Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motitor Problem :(

Monitor**

Well, my beloved 22 inch wide screen LCD monitor is on the fritz.

It is an Acer AL2223W

Problem started a few days ago while opening a normal program.

The monitor shut off but the light was still on. I turned it off then back on, it appears with the word ACER then a flicker (normal) followed by a 2 second showing of whatever was on my screen. I check all wires, all looked fine. I used my Laptop to test to see if it was the monitor and not the computer (the one I'm on now), and it was the monitor.

I'm currently on my 17 inch LCD monitor, which is how I'm typing this.

I did some looking around and discovered it might be a Inverter Board? problem. I've never done any work on monitors so I don't know what that is.

With no insurance, any clue as to what the problem is? Maybe even a price range if its fixable.

Any help is welcomed, thanks TG community.
    Last edited by ShooDaddy; 01-12-2008, 05:59 PM. Reason: Public a knowledge my misspelling of Monitor
    I see, I come, I conquer.

Re: Motitor Problem :(

1) When did you purchase the monitor and from where did you purchase it?

2) Did you get any extended warranty coverage from the place you purchased it from?

If you answered retail/e-retailer for 1. but answered no for 2. then if your monitor is still under 3 years old, you can RMA it back to Acer for a replacement.

Otherwise, you could try a TV repair place near you that can service the monitor.
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

It is under a year old. Purchased at Office Depot with no extended warranty.

How would I go about RMA? it back to Acer?

Comment

You'll have to RMA back to Acer, and you'll have to contact Acer USA about their RMA process.

Another option is to bring it back to Office Depot and see if you can work out a extended warranty coverage for your monitor. Then you could deal with Office Depot instead of Acer (even though OD would most likely ship it back to Acer for repairs).
        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
        Former 9th & 13th

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Keep us up to date on what happens ShooDaddy. I have that exact monitor, and would like to know the outcome in case it happens to mine.
          I did buy the extended warranty from bestbuy though (I usually don't). They had it on sale for $189, and I figured with it that cheap, might as well get the warranty for like $15.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Hmm, well I've got two Acers behind me (also 19"). Now I'm concerned with the quality of Acer's products. Crossing my fingers that doesn't happen to me.
            |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
            Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Well it is my first Acer LCD but my laptop is an Acer and the customer service was really good when I spilled soda on it :)

My other LCD is a 17" Samsung SyncMaster 710N and for 3 years not a dead pixel.

And I retract where I bought it, I too purchased mine at Best Buys for the $189 sale, but feeling trustworthy I didn't buy the warranty, I can't even find the receipt to prove I purchased it at Best Buys, the best I can do is put the serial # on USA Acer site and have it tell me it was purchased there.

I currently have a question to their technical support to have them diagnose the problem.

Comment

Ah, if you don't have the receipt, Best Buy should still be able to look up their electronic copy of your purchase receipt.
                |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I almost bought a 19 inch acer from newegg, but i got a samsung instead.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824009110
                  |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

Ah ha. I forgot about electronic receipts. That helps a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by ShooDaddy View Post
                      Ah ha. I forgot about electronic receipts. That helps a lot.
                      See if you can work out something with Best Buy first. The RMA process with Acer is bound to take a while.
                      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                      Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X