Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone play with the Saitek eclipse keyboard.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone play with the Saitek eclipse keyboard.

Saw this on sale at Circuit City and have been thinking about a new keyboard. Curious on any real world feedback anyone may have from experience with either of these keyboards. I remember seeing the Limited Edition one for $80 at one time. All feedback is appreciated, thanks.

Eclipse II $59

Limited Edition Red $49
    |TG-8th|RAGE

SigPic provided by

I am a proud former IRRegular!

Re: Does anyone play with the Saitek eclipse keyboard.

I do and have had no complaints.
    "Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." Gen. George Patton

Comment

Id personally go for the Eclipse II. Its newer, three backlight colors, and i think it looks nicer overall. I dont really like the round corners of the Eclipse I.

I don't personally own one, but i have used them a bit and liked the feel a lot.
      "Give a man a match and he'll be warm for a minute. Light the man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life"

Comment

Rage blinded by the shiny lights! lol.

Comment

have one for a couple years now...light still works and the feel is great. highly recommended

Comment

I have had the eclipse one for a while and I like it, but I would not pay more than $30 for it. I would keep an eye out for a better deal than that on slickdeals.net. I would personally look for a logitech if I were you.

Comment

Check out the buyer reviews on Newegg for the Saitek boards. People REALLY like them. Like a 5 star rating with over 1000 reviews on one board.
              Slickdeals.net is good as is http://www.techbargains.com/index.cfm
              Most of my clan guys have them and like them.
              techbargins has some good deals listed right now if you search for Saitek
              Also notice that the Logitech Wave keyboard is on sale for $35, and is well liked on newegg. ClubIT.com has it even cheaper for $29 I think I saw in an e-mail. Not sure if you like the wave, but when I messed around with it in a store, felt pretty good.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

go with the eclipse II, the eclipse I has issues with multiple key presses IIRC

Comment

Thanks for all the info and support guys, appreciate it a bunch.
                  |TG-8th|RAGE

SigPic provided by

I am a proud former IRRegular!

Comment

i want one of these

http://www.artlebedev.com/everything/optimus/

$462 for a keyboard is a little much though

but imagine putting a picture of an AK-47 on the 3 key and then pressing it to switch to your AK-47 in game. or C4 bound to your C4 key. I would also make icons that corrospond to my Final Cut Pro short cuts so if I wanted to go to my next in point I just find the picture of the go to next in point symbol on my key board and there you go, no need to memorize keyboard shortcuts! Ctrl and Alt can change the lay out pictures for combo shortcuts (like Ctrl+Z = undo)

Comment

Originally posted by IanTheRed View Post
                      i want one of these

http://www.artlebedev.com/everything/optimus/

$462 for a keyboard is a little much though

but imagine putting a picture of an AK-47 on the 3 key and then pressing it to switch to your AK-47 in game. or C4 bound to your C4 key. I would also make icons that corrospond to my Final Cut Pro short cuts so if I wanted to go to my next in point I just find the picture of the go to next in point symbol on my key board and there you go, no need to memorize keyboard shortcuts! Ctrl and Alt can change the lay out pictures for combo shortcuts (like Ctrl+Z = undo)
                      I have been drooling over that keyboard since it was 1st shown like 3 years ago. But something is wrong with that price. Engadget and all the other websites have been saying that retail is about $1,500, and the keyboard like that but with only the buttons on the far left changeable was about $500. Think about how much you could do with gaming and that board. Here is a pic from the CES show last week:

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

use 1 everyday m8,,, the eclipse that is, its nice and heavy,,, you place it and it dont move around :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X