Headset Problems/Recommendations.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headset Problems/Recommendations.

I've had this headset for around 3-4 months now and the microphone is worn out as far as I can tell..It's a USB logitech headset and the upper part of the wire on it was in a knot I guess and I'm thinking that was the problem. Even if it does start to work for a second it's really distorted. if anyone knows if there IS a way to fix this and can help me that'd be great ;)..I'm pretty sure it's busted though so I might have to go out and buy a new headset. If anyone has any recommendations on a new headset that would last me a good while that is in the price range of 20-50 bucks if they could let me know that'd be great!

Thanks ,
    Mahonri
    May God have mercy on my enemies because I won't.

Ingame name is [Zion] DanielLion |TG|!!

Re: Headset Problems/Recommendations.

What kind of sound card do you have?

Comment

Here is what you need to do. Call Logitech support and tell them that it is still new and having problems. They will replace it for you. Happened to my headset, and without any argueing they replaced it.
      We just had a talk over on the PR forum in the offtopic section and other people got their bad stuff replaced easily as well.
      And he has a USB headset, so what soundcard he has doesn't matter.
      By the way, the headsets go out pretty quickly if there is any stress from a good yank on the cord where it meets the headphones. Has that happened at all?
      Read through here, and see how you can tie the cord so it won't happen.
      http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f11-...et-broken.html

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Yes exactly , the cord was messed with so the mic got messed up but I can hear perfectly. when I get home ill give them a call. TY for the info too! it helped alot and saved me some money.

Comment

btw I took a look at that headset pic , that's the exact headset I have

Comment

Bamboo thanks much for the help bro ;) I've just called Logitech and they are sending me a new headset and it should be here by friday.

Comment

No problem man!
              TG is a great community for things just like this.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

If it does so happen that you wish to replace it, I recommend the www.steelseries.com' "[steelsound 4H]"

Their headsets go up in price but not up in quality. The only thing that changes is the look and perhaps the manufacturing quality.

I use the 4H and it has technical specifications as high as you'll ever need, they surpass human ears so that they last longer. The microphone is retractible and its shaft is made of a metal coil for bendiness and a plastic coating, don't be put-off by this, it's very good and strong.

If you need a new soundcard, anything 30+ ($60+) by Creative (Soundblaster ja!) is a guaranteed success.

Cheers.

Former E1st Heavyweight

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...