vista question/problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vista question/problem

so i just started using vista, and i have a few programs i have set to run on startup, but the vista big brother program wont allow them to boot at startup and a popup comes up asking if i want to allow it, is there a way to permanantly allow it to start at startup, without the extra step of starting it myself
    powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Re: vista question/problem

Originally posted by Tonk View Post
    so i just started using vista, and i have a few programs i have set to run on startup, but the vista big brother program wont allow them to boot at startup and a popup comes up asking if i want to allow it, is there a way to permanantly allow it to start at startup, without the extra step of starting it myself
    I have never seen this, what programs are you trying to have run on startup?

Do they require administer rights to run? If that is the case then it is asking if you want to allow for a program to have the power the change just about what ever it wants. In that case you want to turn off UAC.
    Last edited by Eternaly_Lost; 01-17-2008, 03:52 AM.
    Current game name : Lost, Phantom Thief

Comment

try turning off UAC. Start -> run -> msconfig -> tools -> disable UAC. I do it because it is so annoying. btw, hows the laptop?
      Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
      The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

no problems whatsoever im on it right now, the program that windows is harrasing is "Notebook Hardware Control" (also known as centrino hardware control) which allows you to undervolt the processor to the lowest stable voltage thus gaining battery life, about 20% more so far, going on 2.5 hrs on the old batt and its still at 30%, the other program is
        dell fan control (not from dell, but controls/monitors temps of cpu, gpu, HD, mem, chipset, and monitors the fan speeds for all fans.

i ordered a 1.6 400fsb and am going to pinmod it to 2.16. the current processor is fine, and suprisingly/unbeleivably fast for a 1.6 but with the combination of the above programs, i should be able to have a faster proc without losing much batt life (i'll probably be plugged in 80% of the time, but once i post this, ill reset (have to to make that msconfig alteration take effect) and we will see how it goes