mic boost in Vista?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mic boost in Vista?

everyone is complaining they barely hear me on TS, and in game VOIP's... those programs are set up correctly, and I have the mic settings at 100% but I don't see that mic boost like was in XP...anyone know where the mic settings are to boost it?

thx in advance.
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: mic boost in Vista?

Well I'm not on my Vista machien right now so this may be a little off:

Right click on the speaker icon in your task bar and go to properties (or the option that brings up the input/output devices).

Go the recording tab and click on the device that is set as the default (probably microphone in this case) and click the "configure" or "Advance" button.

There should be a tab that gives you a checkbox for a +20dB boost.

Wish I could be more precise.

You may want to check it the next time you start up your PC, a couple times mine switched off by itself.

Comment

thx but the level control is there, I have it on 100% but no boost check box.
      Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

I use Vista.

Control Panel > Sound > Recording (Select your default mic) > Levels > Select Microphone boost level required. It goes up to +30% but can cause distortion, I'd suggest using +20%.

Comment

is this where it's suppose to be?

thx
          Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Are you sure there is no checkbox in the general or advance tabs that says something like "+20dB boost"?

What kind of X-fi do you have?

Comment

SB X-Fi is all it says... and yes, checked all over...no Boost.
              Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

I'll have to check when I get home.

Comment

Umm yes, that's where is supposed to be. I don't know why yours doesn't have it.

Comment

well that kinda explains it don't it, lol...

I went to soundblaster.com, downloaded the newest driver for it...said I didn't have the product so refused to install...so then I went to Dell and looked up my 720 machine... and installed that latest driver... but no change...oh well...thx
                    Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

You have the devices "Microphone" and "Microphone FP" Is your mic plug into the back? Is it possible to switch devices and still have your mic work?

Comment

I tried both front and back...same on each.
                        Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Not sure what's happening. Maybe Dell has a propiatory sound card? I have a X-Fi Platinum on Vista Buisness 32bit and it looks like this:

Comment

Well it's a X-Fi ExtremeGamer...but guess Dell probably did there own adjustments to it so guess I'll call them tomorrow and see.

thx
                            Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X