hi-def recording with a PC?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi-def recording with a PC?

I know we talked about this long ago, but can't find the thread now... I'm looking for a hi def video/sound recorder for my PC... I want to daisy chain 1 of my Xbox 360's through the PC to record footage... is there such a device (PCI I assume)? would the image still go through the recording device to a TV?

thx for any info?
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: hi-def recording with a PC?

I would assume an HDTV-capable TV tuner card would do the trick. I'm not familiar with the XBox 360... what sort of connection does it use to interface with your TV? You'd want to make sure whatever card you get would have the appropriate input. Other than that, you should be able to record the gameplay footage through the TV tuner card software.

I'm not 100% sure if this is a good solution, but it sounds like it would work. Do a few searches on newegg.com or google to see if you can find an HDTV tuner card with the input you need. Worst case, you drop $100 bucks on a card and it doesn't work, you can just send it back. Newegg has always been good w/ returns in my experience.
    "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
    He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

The Xbox360 uses either HDMI (elite, and all newer Xbox360's have this) or HD Component outputs.
      I haven't seen a video capture card with anything other than Component inputs or Coax. If you try to rip HD off of a tivo or windows media center, there are DRM setups that are a pain to get around, but if you're just bringing it in through the video in, this shouldn't be as big an issue.

I have had good luck with Hauppauge capture cards in several PCs and have mixed reviews of most others.

Comment

http://www.blackmagic-design.com/products/intensity/

Is this device what I'm looking for? Can hook up a HDMI source and record in HD?

correct?
        Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

I figure I'll buy mine here:

http://www.pchdtv.com/
          Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

thats for TV programs...it has no HD inputs (Components or HDMI's)... two different birds.
            Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X