Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unofficial PSU Ranking List (What's the best PSU to buy?)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unofficial PSU Ranking List (What's the best PSU to buy?)

This thread has been going on for a while over at firingsquad.com's hardware forums, and thought I would pass it on to you all. Make sure you read the whole thread (it is only 2 pages), so you understand why things are where they are.
    My Corsair is in tier #2, but I got it because of the modular cables. Might help some of you looking to build soon.

http://forums.firingsquad.com/firing...read.id=111309

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: Unofficial PSU Ranking List (What's the best PSU to buy?)

Heh, that list already exists in one form or another in my head. :D

If you look, the Tier 1 list, most of the brands listed there are/were server PSU manufacturers. They have to be reliable and high quality.

+rep for the information since it's very helpful to many first time builders.
    Last edited by Acreo Aeneas; 01-19-2008, 03:30 PM.
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

For those that also are interested in quiet psu's and computers you can read more here:

http://www.silentpcreview.com/article699-page1.html

Comment

Nice Superfast. It's a great place for reviews. Very detailed and they also do a good job at explaining all the technobabble that companies use.

Could we get this thread stickied?
        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
        Former 9th & 13th

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I recently bought a Corsair PSU at 450w, it's silent and cool.

I used to own a 500w PSU by some company I forget the name of, but it was too noisy.

Former E1st Heavyweight

Comment

I have the Corsair 620 and love it. I did a lot of research before buying it and it showed outstanding results. It can even handle 8800GTX in SLi. Modulare and quit as well. I believe its internals are from a teir one manufacturer as well?

I know from my research that it is better then most of those teir 2 PSU's. Good list though. People need to be sure not to skimp on the PSU, quality is important.

Comment

wooohoooo i have a pc power and cooling, it's top notch and Tier 1 Huzzah

Comment

mine is the Ultra X-Pro, and came asn an OEM in my Ultra micro case...it has been a freakin awesome PSU..i never thought it would hold up as it has.. :)

Comment

New review of 8 different 700 watt + PSUs

Eight power supply units encounter The Beast

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

I'd like to add that in addition to the richly detailed review in the above link, the last page (Conclusion) also offers links to previous reviews and articles that stress the importance of a quality PSU.

Nice find Bamboo. :)

Edit: Wish I could give you +rep, but it seems I need to wait after giving some away this week.
                    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                    Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

teir 3 doesnt really make sence, all the teir3 are very respectable psu brand/models, they just arent the PREMIUM model from said brand, they are just as reliable as teir 2 counterpart (same brand, diff model) just dont come with all those extras, i have had antec psu for 3 computers now, no problems whatsoever, my first was a 400w trupower, which i replaced not because it was bad, but because with a new video card and overclocking cpu, on top of 4 hard drives and 4 fans, wasnt pumping enough juice, my second was a 550 trupower trio (antec as well) which i only replaced when i built my new system which i didnt re-use anything good post tho

this post is not meant to be negative, but to inform that the PSUs in teir3 are very respectable, and by no means are they un-reliable