Cleaning LCDs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning LCDs

What chemicals do you use as well what to wipe with when it come to LCD screens.
    |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Re: Cleaning LCDs

50/50 mix of DISTILLED WATER and 91% or high ISOPROPYL Alcohol. I then use a microfiber cloth to wipe it down.

Comment

Windex?
      |TG-33rd|Calvin

Comment

I picked up some monitor wipes at bestbuy or compusa. They work great for plasma and LCDs too.
        |TG-12th| asch
        sigpic

Comment

Just plain water if it's just dust or light dirt. Use proprietary wipes for stuck on spots or oil.

Comment

Wet (with tapwater) microfiber, followed by dry microfiber cloth is my method for cleaning any screen or lens now. You can find excellent ScotchBrite microfiber cloths in the kitchen cleaning aisle of your grocery store. I haven't had to use any sort of solvent for a long, long time...
            Become a supporting member!
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Windex is basically diluted ammonia with perfume.

I'd be wary of using anything but what the manufacturer recommends. Who knows what coatings are put on the screen (eg. for anti-glare) and what solvents will remove a coating? Absent that info, I'd go with Cing's approach of straight water on microfiber. (Coatings can be very scratch-sensitive, so even kleenex can damage them.)
              Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

I got some monitor cleaning solution and it came with a good sized lint-free cloth at Staples. Works great!

Comment

Windex and LCD is a big NO!!!!!! I use tap water and scott towels.

Comment

I prefer something called Perfect Glass which is free of harsh chemicals. It is also great for leaving your surface free of streaks. Just make sure you use a microfiber cloth when cleaning.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X