Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Radeon HD 3870 X2 Review

AMD Radeon HD 3870 X2 Review <--Link

Looking good so far, and once they get the drivers fixed up a bit, will be even better. Good deal for $450.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: AMD Radeon HD 3870 X2 Review

More news out today.

The Nvidia X2 version is supposed to be released mid-Feb, so that would be the time to decide.

I wanted to mention that Asus has a version coming out that I am very very interested in because it has 4 video outputs!!!
    ASUS EAH3870X2 Photos & Specs
    So you could easily hook up 4 monitors.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Originally posted by Bamboo
      ...Nvidia X2...
      Err, so what is the X2? Is it a dual-core GPU or is it a new series by AMD?
      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I didn't know either, but looking into, yea, there is two GPUs on the board. Hmm, mid-feb, I was thinking of upgrading in March so this would be great news if it happens.

edit: I usually really like the ASUS stuff, but I don't like the card not venting to outside the case. Wondering how that will affect temps of the MB, mem, etc. Then after looking at the ATI one, I think the ASUS will more than likely cool the card better, but is going to cause so heating in the case. Although most gamers will have more than enough airflow in their cases.

Comment

I really hope this card is as good as it looks so far. If it can be cheaper then a GTX but perform better people will take notice. It will have to beat the 8800GT by a moderate margin as well.

I think ATi has some really good cards now in the 3xxx series for the price. I hope this card will steal some of the thunder from Nvidia and put some money back in ATi's pockets.

Comment

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
            Err, so what is the X2? Is it a dual-core GPU or is it a new series by AMD?
            I believe the X2 technology is essentially two video cards in one. In the case of the AMD they are crossfire linked right on the card. Nvidia also has some coming out that are simply SLI linked on the card. So they are dual video card setups that only take one double slot unlike the current cards.

Comment

I really hope it lands some good numbers. Would be nice to have ATI back in fight for real.

Comment

Originally posted by draeh View Post
                I believe the X2 technology is essentially two video cards in one. In the case of the AMD they are crossfire linked right on the card. Nvidia also has some coming out that are simply SLI linked on the card. So they are dual video card setups that only take one double slot unlike the current cards.
                Great. My system case internal is going to heat up like a oven if I had one of those cards inside. Another headache in heat management. :(

I didn't get why ASUS put a cheapo two fan cooling on their card, essentially the same exact thing I can buy to "cool" my HDD.
                |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X