Which is the better processor?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which is the better processor?

Which one is the best for the price and quality?

Intel Pentium D 935 Presler 3.2GHz 2 x 2MB L2 Cache LGA 775 95W Dual-Core Processor
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819116262

or

Intel Pentium E2200 Allendale 2.2GHz 1MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819116063

Re: Which is the better processor?

The second one.

Comment

The second one u can overclock on stock everything to the speed of the first one, and out perform a processor 3 times that price.
      Oyee

Comment

http://www23.tomshardware.com/cpu_2007.html

Charts for older CPU models are in menu to the right.

Comment

If i have a Intel Based Motherboard can I change it to accept AMD processors?
          Cause i think that they have a larger FSB and are cheaper and more high quality than Intel

Comment

Can Anybody tell me if this is a ATX full or Mid tower motherboard compatibility?
            http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...623519&lang=en

Comment

Originally posted by |TG|Marine Hotshot View Post
              Cause i think that they have a larger FSB and are cheaper and more high quality than Intel
              No you cant put an AMD processor on an Intel motherboard or vice versa. As far as quality vs. price.....The AMD v. Intel argument is about as complex as Nvidia v. ATI. In my experience the AMD processors have always been a good buy. The only trade off is the AMD processors tend not to be as energy efficient and thus run hotter.

Comment

No I mean can I switch the motherboard I have now and put in a AMD compatible motherboard with an AM2(probably AM2+) slot.

Comment

No I mean can I switch the motherboard I have now and put in a AMD compatible motherboard with an AM2(probably AM2+) slot.
                  Yeah. You can swap parts out of computers as long as the new configuration is compatible (ie. motherboard supports the CPU and RAM you want to use). So if you want to switch to AMD, you'll have to get a new motherboard that supports AMD CPUs. I don't know if your case is ATX compatible though but you can always get a new case that does meet ATX standards.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Originally posted by =Sarc= View Post
                    I don't know if your case is ATX compatible though but you can always get a new case that does meet ATX standards.
                    The thing is I want to save money unless you know of any good cases that come with a efficient power supply to run GeForce 8 series GPU's

Comment

I thought you just got the computer in the other thread, the Compaq?

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

The thing is I want to save money unless you know of any good cases that come with a efficient power supply to run GeForce 8 series GPU's
                        Most of the PSUs that come with cases aren't designed to handle heavy loads like the 8800 series cards. You're better off spending the $50 or so dollars on a reliable PSU. Some good brands to look at: FSP (Fortron Source)/SPI/Sparkle, Seasonic, Corsair, Antec, Enermax, Zippy, and Thermaltake.
                        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                        TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                        Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                        Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Although Antec does make fairly sturdy cases in my experience.
                          "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
                          He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Bamboo View Post
                            I thought you just got the computer in the other thread, the Compaq?
                            Dude please dont come here and say something if you dont know about it first why dont you read before you post

Comment

Dude please dont come here and say something if you dont know about it first why dont you read before you post
                              Are you kidding me? I have read all your threads. Even the one about your grandmother giving you some money. I know a LOT about computers and could answer just about any question you might have, if you actually had a question.

You don't know what you want, and have 4 open threads running on random things that should be just 1 thread. You are wasting people's time, people would be happy to help but not just waste their effort.

And I will remind you what you said above.

intel=intel
                              amd=amd

Yes you can completly switch out the whole motherboard, if that is what you were trying to ask, but why when you are trying to put in a < $100 cpu. Would be a total waste.

Get your stories strait, then come back here and you will find help.
                              Maybe a forum mod can combine these threads.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X