Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just need some help with ready-built computers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Just need some help with ready-built computers

    I'm really bad with computers, and even worse with hardware. I want a new computer, but a rig from scratch seems out of the question, so I'm just going to order a ready-built one straight off the internet. So, any suggestions?

    I've already looked up the Blackbird and the Voodoo, mentioned by a couple of guys in an earlier thread, and these both look promising. I'm looking for a good quality PC; any price range as long as it's a good buy (I'd say £2000 would be upper limit, but I wouldn't mind an extra 500 to get that awesome performance that will last me a very long time, and I'd only need to make very occasional upgrades for quite a few years, like occasional graphics cards and maybe a little extra RAM). Main components should be 4GB RAM (I can do 2 though) 3 GHz processor, Nice graphics card and a nice big hard drive. I would like a little extra wattage as well, because if my cousin comes around and says "You wanna overclock your processor?" I don't really want to say no because I don't have the power (I'm not really sure but I think you need extra power to overclock, right?). Just a name of the machine would be fine and I'll google it. Thanks in advance guys :D.

    P.S. I'm not looking for the whole deal, like new monitor, new keyboard, printer and all of that stuff. Just the tower (and some new speakers wouldn't be bad ;))
    Anger is a gift - Malcolm X


  • #2
    Re: Just need some help with ready-built computers

    well, here's the deal.... saying a 3ghz cpu right now could yield you a slower computer... (p4 or celeron / AMD all reach into 3+ghz... though they all are slower.)

    the core2duo CPU from intel range from 1.4 to 3.0 and are the fastest things out right now. unless you want ~$1000 for just the cpu, then look into a ~2.6 c2d or c2q.

    4 gigs of ram is an obvious choice since the prices are so low and more ram never hurt.

    2 750gig sata drives in a raid 0 or better 4 in a raid 1+0 would not be out of the question for that price range.

    8800gtx SLI could also fit in that price range.

    also consider a HDDVD / blu-ray combo drive...

    now, about the not being able to do it yourself part....

    WHY? do you know how to use a phillips head screwdriver? then you can build a computer. the guys around here can put a parts list together for you, and even walk you through setup. It really is quite easy, and gets easier all the time.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
    The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

    If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Just need some help with ready-built computers

      2000 is A LOT of money. Hardware doesn't seem to scale in prices the same from US dollars to UK currency. So you can get a really good computer, pre-built or not.

      Just don't go with Voodoo unless you like fancy looking PC's with well wired insides. It's quite a bit to go with Voodoo. You could find a really good PC for cheaper at some place like Dell (if they sell in the UK) or some place like overclockers.co.uk (although, I don't think they do pre-built PC's).

      - It's who you game with.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Just need some help with ready-built computers

        Well if you really want a 3 GHz processor on the Intel side, then you'd either have to pick up a Presler or find a boutique that builds using the E8600 C2D. Otherwise, a Allendale E2200 already outperforms a single-core 3 GHz processor.

        For 2000 Euro/Pounds, you can just about get whatever you like. At that price point, you can choose high-end components for almost every part of your system.
        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
        TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
        Former 9th & 13th

        Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
        Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-





        SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

        TG Primer and Rules

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Just need some help with ready-built computers

          Originally posted by =DdogG= View Post
          well, here's the deal.... saying a 3ghz cpu right now could yield you a slower computer... (p4 or celeron / AMD all reach into 3+ghz... though they all are slower.)

          the core2duo CPU from intel range from 1.4 to 3.0 and are the fastest things out right now. unless you want ~$1000 for just the cpu, then look into a ~2.6 c2d or c2q.

          4 gigs of ram is an obvious choice since the prices are so low and more ram never hurt.

          2 750gig sata drives in a raid 0 or better 4 in a raid 1+0 would not be out of the question for that price range.

          8800gtx SLI could also fit in that price range.

          also consider a HDDVD / blu-ray combo drive...

          now, about the not being able to do it yourself part....

          WHY? do you know how to use a phillips head screwdriver? then you can build a computer. the guys around here can put a parts list together for you, and even walk you through setup. It really is quite easy, and gets easier all the time.
          Thanks for the info, especially on the processor. Huh, I guess you're right. I'm guessing it would cost less to put it all together instead of getting it pre-built, right? However:

          1. Very bad with computers. I mean...basics are hard for me...really (some of the stuff you said I will have to look up).
          2. I think I'd rather leave you hard-working guys alone. I think you would prefer to spend more time playing on the awesome TG servers instead of helping me to build my computer.
          3. Because I'm so bad with computers, any little mistake I might make...well I would have no idea what to do. If you gave me instructions they would probably go straight over my head. My understanding of computers is very minimal, and I guess I'd save a lot of stress if it was just delivered to my door.

          Originally posted by =Sarc= View Post
          2000 is A LOT of money. Hardware doesn't seem to scale in prices the same from US dollars to UK currency. So you can get a really good computer, pre-built or not.

          Just don't go with Voodoo unless you like fancy looking PC's with well wired insides. It's quite a bit to go with Voodoo. You could find a really good PC for cheaper at some place like Dell (if they sell in the UK) or some place like overclockers.co.uk (although, I don't think they do pre-built PC's).
          Interesting...the thing that hit me about Voodoo (and please correct me if I'm wrong) is that there are upgrades that they release specifically for the Voodoo, so as I said in my original post, I won't need to buy a new computer for a while apart from making a few upgrades every now and then. I'm not particularly fussed about wires and it looking fancy.

          Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
          Well if you really want a 3 GHz processor on the Intel side, then you'd either have to pick up a Presler or find a boutique that builds using the E8600 C2D. Otherwise, a Allendale E2200 already outperforms a single-core 3 GHz processor.

          For 2000 Euro/Pounds, you can just about get whatever you like. At that price point, you can choose high-end components for almost every part of your system.
          I'll look into all of those names, thank you very much.

          Any more help in any way from anyone would be very much appreciated (the keyword there is ANY :D).
          Anger is a gift - Malcolm X

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Just need some help with ready-built computers

            I second the overclockers.co.uk suggestion. Email them. I think they still do builds, and regardless, I think the owner (Marci) would be good about turning you on to someone who could help, even if he can't. I know they used to do custom case/build/cooling setups... They have a pretty good reputation in general.
            OPS, the bacon is on you.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Just need some help with ready-built computers

              Originally posted by khaerus View Post
              I second the overclockers.co.uk suggestion. Email them. I think they still do builds, and regardless, I think the owner (Marci) would be good about turning you on to someone who could help, even if he can't. I know they used to do custom case/build/cooling setups... They have a pretty good reputation in general.
              Interesting, I'll definitely check this out, thanks to both you and Sarc for that suggestion.

              Edit:

              P.S. (On the overclockers site) The systems section on the left side of the page has pre-built PCs.
              Last edited by SharinganTH1422; 01-25-2008, 05:38 PM.
              Anger is a gift - Malcolm X

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Just need some help with ready-built computers

                8800GTX or X2900XT?

                I know this is better - 4 GB 800 MHz CORSAIR PC2-6400 DDR2 SDRAM. But are there any problems with these - 4 GB 667 MHz PC2-5300 DDR2 SDRAM. I know that corsair do the best RAM, so I guess I'll go for that, unless there's not much of a difference.
                Anger is a gift - Malcolm X

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Just need some help with ready-built computers

                  OK: I rescind my endorsement of overclockers.co.uk; I've never had anything to do with them. They might be great, but I was trying to suggest these guys:

                  http://www.over-clock.co.uk/

                  Sorry for the mixup. Whatever you do, post a list before you buy. We'll pick it apart for you.
                  OPS, the bacon is on you.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Just need some help with ready-built computers

                    My opinion is go with Intel and Nvidia all the way. They are probably used more than AMD and ATI or at least most game designers seem to use the Intel and Nvidia configuration more. OF course price would be the factor, if AMD and ATI is all you can get then I guess that is what you are getting.
                    Anyway, the best thing is to really just browse around and do price comparison and all the components included. If you need to find reviews on the parts in the computer to get soe idea of dependabilty and performance. Time comsuming yes but will be worth it to get a good computer.
                    Don't forget Intel just released a new processor(E8400) this week and releasing some more real soon. Plus the new processors are costing a little less than the older processors they have of about the same performance level. The E8400 compares to the E6850 but 45nm instead of 65nm which is supposed to be less heat and power consumption for the E8400.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Just need some help with ready-built computers

                      Sharingan you are so lucky you have that amount of money. With that I can make Crysis look heavenly

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Just need some help with ready-built computers

                        Originally posted by SharinganTH1422 View Post
                        8800GTX or X2900XT?
                        If you can afford it, go GTX, I have a HD 2900XT and It can barely play Crysis on medium (if that's the benchmark). Arma is medium-high. BF is high with some lag in orbital strikes.

                        Anyone have a GTX to compare?
                        <<<<Magic!!




                        -F- Concr3te: "Brutus, goddammit, shut up!"

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Just need some help with ready-built computers

                          Originally posted by khaerus View Post
                          OK: I rescind my endorsement of overclockers.co.uk; I've never had anything to do with them. They might be great, but I was trying to suggest these guys:

                          http://www.over-clock.co.uk/

                          Sorry for the mixup. Whatever you do, post a list before you buy. We'll pick it apart for you.
                          Well that overclockers site has come in handy :D, and I've looked into this one as well, and thanks for the help. Although it does look helpful...I think these guys don't have ready-built systems...unless I've missed something.

                          Originally posted by msdz View Post
                          My opinion is go with Intel and Nvidia all the way. They are probably used more than AMD and ATI or at least most game designers seem to use the Intel and Nvidia configuration more. OF course price would be the factor, if AMD and ATI is all you can get then I guess that is what you are getting.
                          Anyway, the best thing is to really just browse around and do price comparison and all the components included. If you need to find reviews on the parts in the computer to get soe idea of dependabilty and performance. Time comsuming yes but will be worth it to get a good computer.
                          Don't forget Intel just released a new processor(E8400) this week and releasing some more real soon. Plus the new processors are costing a little less than the older processors they have of about the same performance level. The E8400 compares to the E6850 but 45nm instead of 65nm which is supposed to be less heat and power consumption for the E8400.
                          Wow, a lot of info here, very much appreciated, and I'm still sniffing around...

                          Originally posted by |TG|Marine Hotshot View Post
                          Sharingan you are so lucky you have that amount of money. With that I can make Crysis look heavenly
                          Dude, I've had a 1GB RAM, Single Core 2.6GHz P4 Processor, with an 80GB hard drive and a graphics card that can only just about keep up with the battlefield engine with all graphics settings on low/off, for about 5 years...sorry if I'm not showing much sympathy for you not being able to play Crysis on high settings ;).

                          Originally posted by HBrutusH View Post
                          If you can afford it, go GTX, I have a HD 2900XT and It can barely play Crysis on medium (if that's the benchmark). Arma is medium-high. BF is high with some lag in orbital strikes.

                          Anyone have a GTX to compare?
                          Thanks for the help with that...I think I'm going to either go with 2 or 3 GTX's...



                          On a seperate note, http://www.computerplanet.co.uk/packages/gaming/ is a site I've found very useful.

                          Just wondering...is the Quad core QX6850 a very good processor...you put some of the dual core ones into perspective for me, but I guess I'm going c2q...

                          Is this a good quality RAM - GEIL 4GB DDR2 800 CL5.0 DUAL CHANNEL BLACK DRAGON RET

                          And is this a good quality PSU - DAX 1000W Modular PSU

                          (Can't find in the "unofficial PSU rankings" thread, so anyone know anything about it?)

                          Thanks for the help guys, it's very much appreciated.
                          Anger is a gift - Malcolm X

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Just need some help with ready-built computers

                            Originally posted by =Sarc= View Post
                            2000 is A LOT of money. Hardware doesn't seem to scale in prices the same from US dollars to UK currency. So you can get a really good computer, pre-built or not.
                            Well, I think I'm going to have to end up going over to about the £2,600 mark, which I think I'll be able to afford by the Summer, which I was going to do anyway.

                            Originally posted by =Sarc= View Post
                            Just don't go with Voodoo unless you like fancy looking PC's with well wired insides. It's quite a bit to go with Voodoo. You could find a really good PC for cheaper at some place like Dell (if they sell in the UK) or some place like overclockers.co.uk (although, I don't think they do pre-built PC's).
                            I'm just wondering..does the same go for the Blackbird? HP bought VoodooPC and they've used a lot of the same technology. Waste of money to go with them?





                            Edit (to prevent triple-post):

                            Any suggestions? Too much/too little of anything? Waste of money or things you think I need to spend more on?

                            NO. 1 (£2,365.73):

                            1 x 750 GB SATA HDD UDMA 300 7200 16MB
                            1 x Thermaltake Armor + Black Super Case (VH6000BWS)
                            1 x ASUS DVD±RW 20x S-ATA DRW-2014L1T SILVER LIGHTSCRIBE (SATA)
                            1 x DAX 1000W Modular PSU
                            1 x 2 x ASUS 768MB NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTX 2xDVI PCI-E (SLI SETUP)
                            1 x INTEL CORE 2 EXTREME QUAD QX6850 1333FSB 8 MB CACHE
                            1 x GEIL 4GB DDR2 800 CL5.0 DUAL CHANNEL BLACK DRAGON RET
                            1 x CREATIVE X-FI XTREME GAMER FATAL1TY PRO
                            1 x ASUS SKT-775 STRIKER EXTREME S/L 1333FSB
                            1 x MS WINDOWS VISTA ULTIMATE 64-BIT
                            1 x MS OFFICE 2007 HOME AND STUDENT
                            1 x ThermalTake CL-W0075 BIG WATER 735 LIQUID COOLER
                            1 x Internal Card Reader 50-in-1
                            1 x NORTON INTERNET SECURITY 2008
                            1 x 4 Port Firewire IEEE 1394 PCI Card + FREE CABLE
                            1 x 10 X USB 2.0 PORTS
                            1 x Floppy Disk Drive 1.44 MB - SILVER
                            1 x 500 GB SATA HDD UDMA 300 7200 16MB
                            1 x 36 MONTHS RETURN TO BASE



                            NO. 2 (£2,564.31):

                            1 x 500 GB SATA HDD UDMA 300 7200 16MB
                            1 x GENIUS SPKR 5.1 SW-5.1 1000 1000W PMPO BLK/SIL RET
                            1 x CREATIVE X-FI XTREME MUSIC 7.1
                            1 x GEIL 4GB DDR2 800 CL5.0 DUAL CHANNEL BLACK DRAGON RET
                            1 x INTEL CORE 2 EXTREME QUAD QX6850 1333FSB 8 MB CACHE
                            1 x NZXT - LEXA-BLACKLINE RED
                            1 x DAX 1000W Modular PSU
                            1 x ASUS DVD±RW 20x S-ATA DRW-2014L1T SILVER LIGHTSCRIBE (SATA)
                            1 x 3 x ASUS 768MB NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTX 2xDVI PCI-E (TRI-SLI SETUP)
                            1 x WD RAPTOR SATA 74GB UDMA 150 10000RPM 16MB
                            1 x ASUS SKT-775 STRIKER EXTREME S/L 1333FSB
                            1 x MS WINDOWS VISTA ULTIMATE 64-BIT
                            1 x Floppy Disk Drive 1.44 MB - SILVER
                            1 x SAMSUNG DVD+/-RW 18x6x18x8 D/LAYER BLACK (IDE)
                            1 x 10 X USB 2.0 PORTS
                            1 x 4 Port Firewire IEEE 1394 PCI Card + FREE CABLE
                            1 x NORTON INTERNET SECURITY 2008
                            1 x Internal Card Reader 50-in-1
                            1 x ThermalTake CL-W0075 BIG WATER 735 LIQUID COOLER
                            1 x MS OFFICE 2007 HOME AND STUDENT
                            1 x 36 MONTHS RETURN TO BASE




                            Edit No. 2:

                            What is RPM, when talking about Hard drives?




                            Edit No. 3:

                            What is the best gaming pad out of...

                            Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2 ($39.00 extra)
                            Logitech Extreme 3D Pro ($29.00 extra)
                            Logitech Force 3D Pro ($69.00 extra)

                            Edit No. 4:

                            Well obviously that last and most expensive one is probably the best, but are either of these worth getting, compared to the cost...?



                            Edit No. 5:

                            NO. 3 ($4,467.01/£2,249.59)(Blackbird)

                            System Foundation
                            Processor:
                            Quad Core - Intel(R) Core2(TM) Quad-Core 2.66GHz Q6700
                            Memory:
                            4 GB 800 MHz CORSAIR PC2-6400 DDR2 SDRAM
                            Thermal Management:
                            CPU Liquid cooling
                            Motherboard:
                            ASUS Striker Extreme 680i
                            Operating System:
                            Microsoft(R) Windows Vista(TM) Home Premium
                            Warranty:
                            1 year limited hardware and 1 year technical support
                            Graphics and Audio
                            Graphics Cards:
                            Dual ATI RADEON(TM) X2900 XT 1GB, with 1GB of GDDR4 SDRAM
                            Physics Acceleration:
                            AGEIA PhysX(TM) 100 Series PCI-E Accelerator Card
                            Audio Boards:
                            Creative Audio Sound Blaster(R) X-Fi(TM) XtremeGamer
                            Power Supply:
                            1.1KW Power Supply
                            Storage Systems
                            Primary OS Storage:
                            500GB 7200rpm SATA
                            Secondary Data Storage:
                            320GB 7200rpm SATA
                            Optical Disk Bay 1:
                            Super multi-drive, slim slots with Lightscribe (DVD+/-R/RW+/-DL)
                            Hard Drive Bay Usage
                            Bay 5
                            Bay 4
                            Bay 3
                            Bay 2
                            Bay 1
                            (Bays 1 and 2)
                            Software
                            Security Software:
                            Grisoft AVG Professional Anti-Virus -1 year subscription
                            Productivity Software:
                            Microsoft(R) Office Basic 2007
                            Accessories
                            (None)


                            Additional info :

                            HP LABS 2007
                            UP TO LEVEL 5 RAID/1.1KW POWER
                            10,000 RPM RAPTOR DRIVE
                            2666MHz - 3333MHz
                            Last edited by SharinganTH1422; 01-28-2008, 06:18 PM.
                            Anger is a gift - Malcolm X

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Just need some help with ready-built computers

                              Okay, extremely long post. I'll answer from my own knowledge and experience. Some things might already be inferred, so ask if you don't seem to be connecting the dots.

                              Originally posted by SharinganTH1422 View Post
                              Any suggestions? Too much/too little of anything? Waste of money or things you think I need to spend more on?

                              NO. 1 (£2,365.73):

                              1 x 750 GB SATA HDD UDMA 300 7200 16MB
                              1 x Thermaltake Armor + Black Super Case (VH6000BWS)
                              1 x ASUS DVD±RW 20x S-ATA DRW-2014L1T SILVER LIGHTSCRIBE (SATA)
                              1 x DAX 1000W Modular PSU
                              1 x 2 x ASUS 768MB NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTX 2xDVI PCI-E (SLI SETUP)
                              1 x INTEL CORE 2 EXTREME QUAD QX6850 1333FSB 8 MB CACHE
                              1 x GEIL 4GB DDR2 800 CL5.0 DUAL CHANNEL BLACK DRAGON RET
                              1 x CREATIVE X-FI XTREME GAMER FATAL1TY PRO
                              1 x ASUS SKT-775 STRIKER EXTREME S/L 1333FSB
                              1 x MS WINDOWS VISTA ULTIMATE 64-BIT
                              1 x MS OFFICE 2007 HOME AND STUDENT
                              1 x ThermalTake CL-W0075 BIG WATER 735 LIQUID COOLER
                              1 x Internal Card Reader 50-in-1
                              1 x NORTON INTERNET SECURITY 2008
                              1 x 4 Port Firewire IEEE 1394 PCI Card + FREE CABLE
                              1 x 10 X USB 2.0 PORTS
                              1 x Floppy Disk Drive 1.44 MB - SILVER
                              1 x 500 GB SATA HDD UDMA 300 7200 16MB
                              1 x 36 MONTHS RETURN TO BASE



                              NO. 2 (£2,564.31):

                              1 x 500 GB SATA HDD UDMA 300 7200 16MB
                              1 x GENIUS SPKR 5.1 SW-5.1 1000 1000W PMPO BLK/SIL RET
                              1 x CREATIVE X-FI XTREME MUSIC 7.1
                              1 x GEIL 4GB DDR2 800 CL5.0 DUAL CHANNEL BLACK DRAGON RET
                              1 x INTEL CORE 2 EXTREME QUAD QX6850 1333FSB 8 MB CACHE
                              1 x NZXT - LEXA-BLACKLINE RED
                              1 x DAX 1000W Modular PSU
                              1 x ASUS DVD±RW 20x S-ATA DRW-2014L1T SILVER LIGHTSCRIBE (SATA)
                              1 x 3 x ASUS 768MB NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTX 2xDVI PCI-E (TRI-SLI SETUP)
                              1 x WD RAPTOR SATA 74GB UDMA 150 10000RPM 16MB
                              1 x ASUS SKT-775 STRIKER EXTREME S/L 1333FSB
                              1 x MS WINDOWS VISTA ULTIMATE 64-BIT
                              1 x Floppy Disk Drive 1.44 MB - SILVER
                              1 x SAMSUNG DVD+/-RW 18x6x18x8 D/LAYER BLACK (IDE)
                              1 x 10 X USB 2.0 PORTS
                              1 x 4 Port Firewire IEEE 1394 PCI Card + FREE CABLE
                              1 x NORTON INTERNET SECURITY 2008
                              1 x Internal Card Reader 50-in-1
                              1 x ThermalTake CL-W0075 BIG WATER 735 LIQUID COOLER
                              1 x MS OFFICE 2007 HOME AND STUDENT
                              1 x 36 MONTHS RETURN TO BASE
                              Okay at first glance, it seems as if you're trying to future proof for the next 4-6 years. Not possible. Within 2 years, most of the core components in No. 1 and No. 2 will start to look old compared with the newer hardware out.

                              No. 2 graphics cards are overkill. You'd be sucking up a lot of electricity with those three cards. Also, bragging rights only last for about 6 months typically (1 year if you're lucky). I can't think of anything off the top of my head that will even use up the graphics processing power of 2 cards let alone three.

                              Bottom line, No. 2 is a waste of money in the graphics department.

                              -----

                              As for No. 1, perhaps you could run that 750 GB hard drive as 1 250 GB (main hard drive) and a secondary as 500 GB (for games or whatnot)?

                              Everything else is fine if you plan on running at something along the lines of 1920 x 1600 resolution.


                              Edit No. 2:

                              What is RPM, when talking about Hard drives?
                              RPM = Revolutions (or Rotations) Per Minute. It translates to how many times the hard disk platter spins within your HDD per minute. In terms of performance, the faster it turns, the faster it reads and writes (other factors affect this as well).

                              Usually, if you're building for longetivity and reliability, I don't suggest using anything faster than the standard 7200 RPM.


                              Edit No. 3:

                              What is the best gaming pad out of...

                              Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2 ($39.00 extra)
                              Logitech Extreme 3D Pro ($29.00 extra)
                              Logitech Force 3D Pro ($69.00 extra)
                              No clue. Someone else will have to answer this one.


                              Edit No. 4:

                              Well obviously that last and most expensive one is probably the best, but are either of these worth getting, compared to the cost...?


                              Edit No. 5:

                              NO. 3 ($4,467.01/£2,249.59)(Blackbird)

                              System Foundation
                              Processor:
                              Quad Core - Intel(R) Core2(TM) Quad-Core 2.66GHz Q6700
                              Memory:
                              4 GB 800 MHz CORSAIR PC2-6400 DDR2 SDRAM
                              Thermal Management:
                              CPU Liquid cooling
                              Motherboard:
                              ASUS Striker Extreme 680i
                              Operating System:
                              Microsoft(R) Windows Vista(TM) Home Premium
                              Warranty:
                              1 year limited hardware and 1 year technical support
                              Graphics and Audio
                              Graphics Cards:
                              Dual ATI RADEON(TM) X2900 XT 1GB, with 1GB of GDDR4 SDRAM
                              Physics Acceleration:
                              AGEIA PhysX(TM) 100 Series PCI-E Accelerator Card
                              Audio Boards:
                              Creative Audio Sound Blaster(R) X-Fi(TM) XtremeGamer
                              Power Supply:
                              1.1KW Power Supply
                              Storage Systems
                              Primary OS Storage:
                              500GB 7200rpm SATA
                              Secondary Data Storage:
                              320GB 7200rpm SATA
                              Optical Disk Bay 1:
                              Super multi-drive, slim slots with Lightscribe (DVD+/-R/RW+/-DL)
                              Hard Drive Bay Usage
                              Bay 5
                              Bay 4
                              Bay 3
                              Bay 2
                              Bay 1
                              (Bays 1 and 2)
                              Software
                              Security Software:
                              Grisoft AVG Professional Anti-Virus -1 year subscription
                              Productivity Software:
                              Microsoft(R) Office Basic 2007
                              Accessories
                              (None)


                              Additional info :

                              HP LABS 2007
                              UP TO LEVEL 5 RAID/1.1KW POWER
                              10,000 RPM RAPTOR DRIVE
                              2666MHz - 3333MHz
                              Drop the AGEIA card. Almost none of the current games uses it. And when it does, it doesn't really help other than to add a bit more flash to already eye-dazzling/blinding action firefights.

                              1100W PSU might be overkill again.
                              |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                              TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                              Former 9th & 13th

                              Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                              Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-





                              SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

                              TG Primer and Rules

                              Comment

                              Connect

                              Collapse

                              TeamSpeak 3 Server

                              Collapse

                              Advertisement

                              Collapse

                              Twitter Feed

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X