Comprehensive List and Review of FREE Online AntiVirus Scanners

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comprehensive List and Review of FREE Online AntiVirus Scanners

Came across this article this morning and wanted to pass it on ASAP.
    Comprehensive List and Review of FREE Online AntiVirus Scanners
    http://www.raymond.cc/blog/archives/...irus-scanners/

Online scanners are great because you can run them without uninstalling or affecting your current antivirus, and actually are needed because no antivirus is 100% perfect. The online ones are easy to do and can run pretty quick depending on your computer, but I ran one in 38 mins. this morning (found no evils :) )

I am always helping fix friends computers when they are acting up, and I will run their virus scan, usually Norton :( or McAfee :( and it will say nothing found. Then I run Panda or BitDefender, and boom, hit after hit. Helps me solve the problem much quicker.

I would run one of the good ones he lists right now just for the hell of it while you are checking your e-mail and forums. Who knows what you might find. ;)
    Let us know if you do find something and which one you used.

While on the subject and for new people will pass on a couple of tried and trues:
    Spybot search and destroy, and the awesome Ccleaner (stands for Crap Cleaner)

Download it from one of these sites
    The home of Spybot-S&D!
    Also get Ccleaner at:
    Download CCleaner 2.04.543 - filehippo.com
    Both are free, and will help you a lot.

Can also try AdAware, which is very good, but they have a new version last time I checked that keeps running all the time to watch for bad stuff, but since I don't like tons of extra stuff running in the background I haven't loaded that one in a while. Plus I think there was a bug with Vista 64, which they have probably fixed by now.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: Comprehensive List and Review of FREE Online AntiVirus Scanners

Note that a regular AV won't find rootkits. For those, you need to reboot from different media so that the rootkit isn't running and hiding its existence.
    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
    X