wd-40 on my squeaky mouse works

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wd-40 on my squeaky mouse works

my mouse wheel on my new habu mouse was squeaking very loudly. I put some wd-40 on a q-tip and got some in there where the mouse wheel spins. took the squeak out and my mouse is still working great. I have read that wd-40 is safe for electrical parts.... so far, I am very happy. I was not in the mood to return it for a replacement.

Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough! Benjamin Franklin

Re: wd-40 on my squeaky mouse works

WD-40 can melt some kinds of plastic/rubbery parts. Just a FYI.
    Im not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
    - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
    - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
    - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
    - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
    - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
    - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

I read that it wont melt plastics. regardless, my mouse is working perfect now. smooth and no problems.

Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough! Benjamin Franklin

Comment

A good lubricant that is plastic safe is Tri-flo.

Comment

WD is a water dispersant. Best use is in your distributor cap when your car won't start on a humid morning.

But it does serve as a lubricant.

I use a female mouse. (No ball!) So I just have to keep the mouse pad and feet clean, and a little isopropyl alcohol works for that.
          Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey View Post
            But it does serve as a lubricant.
            Just not a personal lubricant. :row__628: Ouch.

Comment

Originally posted by draeh View Post
              Just not a personal lubricant. :row__628: Ouch.
              personal experience?

j/k
              Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
              The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

wd is a great lube and it doesnt smell bad compared to the lube i use at work (jb-80) which smells very bad and potent and bleh, wd40 is a great household lube because it smells rather pleasant(to me) and the smell doesnt last long