xfi music problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xfi music problem

Hi, just got my comp and everything works great besides the audio. I no speakers just headphones and at bottom right on start bar it says "No Audio Output Device is Installed" .. i tried installing the drivers for the graphics card and they installed without problem, however still no sound. Once i try open the Console for the drivers i get an error:

The audio device supported by this application is not detected. The application will exit.

Help! :P

Cheers

Re: xfi music problem

um, you forgot to mention what parts you have :)
    Are you talking onboard sound or sound card, and are you headphones USB or with a headphone plug?

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

I have XtremeMusic as sound card, the drivers i used are definately correct. As for the headphones they aint USB. just two plugs; one for mic one for listening.

ps- only sound i have is when i do something like install a software i get a large BEEP at back of comp..

Comment

You may need to go into your BIOS and turn off your onboard motherboard sound.
        probably why the onboard speaker is the one making noise

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Right, just did that, it was on Auto now its disabled. However once comp restarted i still heard that BEEP. NO mater, ill try reinstall the drivers now and hope it works

EDIT: Still no sound, once i installed drivers the comp wouldnt start properly, once i disconnected my headset it started normally.. still dont solve the problem :(
          Last edited by Major.Hangover; 01-30-2008, 07:24 PM.

Comment

That is the weirdest thing I have ever heard.
            Anyone else have any ideas?
            What are your setting in the Sound window, the one where you pick recording device and playback device?

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Does your mobo/case require an internal connection from your mobo to the front jacks? Does your card require a separate connection from the CD/DVD? I used to have a card that required the extra CD connection and my current mobo has a dedicated connection to the front jacks for my case. Guessing??

Did you try to play directly from your card? You may want to uninstall/reinstall the software and card. Make sure you do not have any old versions of sound drivers or software that may be conflicting. Does the device manager give you the same message "no output device found"?

Comment

Originally posted by jb4 View Post
                Does your mobo/case require an internal connection from your mobo to the front jacks? Does your card require a separate connection from the CD/DVD? I used to have a card that required the extra CD connection and my current mobo has a dedicated connection to the front jacks for my case. Guessing??

Did you try to play directly from your card? You may want to uninstall/reinstall the software and card. Make sure you do not have any old versions of sound drivers or software that may be conflicting. Does the device manager give you the same message "no output device found"?
                I saw something in BIOS about the front jacks, they were set as HD Audio before i disabled the onboard audio. Not quite sure what you mean about the dedicated connection :x

Ive reinstalled the drivers numerous times, there is no software for the sound card unfortunately. Ive used drivers cleaner before i installed the audio drivers so no drivers were on my system.

As for the device, i went to check in Device Manager and found no section on audio besides in "Other Devices" which has Multimedia Audio COntroller and Unknown Device.

Comment

Is this the card you have?

If you have Vista, Xfi is not supported.

Another thing to try, if you do not have the software for the card and you have a Creative sound card is to download the auto update feature to have it pull down everything you may need to support it. Click here
                  Select your product from the menu and hit GO

Comment

The beep that you are hearing sounds to me like it is the case speaker lletting you knowall is OK. I could be wrong but most computers will make a single beep if all s ok and if not will sound a # of beeps.

Comment

Actually the do have Vista drivers out for that card

http://us.creative.com/support/downl...ype=0&x=10&y=6

But like the guy above said, I forgot that I had to take the wires running from the front of my case and plug them into the sound card. So just follow those wires where they connect to the inside front of the case, pull them off from where they plug into the motherboard, and attach them to the sound card.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Those are the drivers i downloaded Bamboo, so far no luck with them. msdz the beep appears every time a setup launches, or error, etc. Its like its replacing the normal sound thats meant to appear with a BEEP.

jb4, which of these applications should i download?

Comment

Bah, this problem has gone far enough. Apparently there are numerous users with this problem... SO i think ill move on to Windows XP 64bit. Will it allow me to use 4gb memory or 3gb ?? Not quite fond of windows xp 64bit and what it lets you do..

what you think, good idea or bad (keep fighting for sound)?

Comment

There are 2 different Vista 64 threads from the past 2 weeks, with pretty much everyone happy with 64. I have read a lot of people saying they had XP 64, and wern't happy, but are with Vista 64.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

OK, ill try 64bit vista first. lets hope i get my sound then. Ill add feedback in few hours once system installs. Till then...
                              Last edited by Major.Hangover; 01-31-2008, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X