DirectX question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DirectX question

Ok, today for some reason (after the EA master server crashing) I started to have problems with DirectX. Battlefield 2142 was working, but I couldn't get on (see parenthesis above) and so I decided to play CoD4. I loaded up multiplayer, and before the game even came up with the multiplayer menu, I got an error message saying that DirectX has encountered an unrecoverable error, and to check the ReadMe file for more information. I checked that, which told me to run dxdiag. Did what that said, and I have DirectX 9.0. Then I went into 2142 and tried to join the 2nd Conquest Server. I got there, and there were no textures at all on the map, and all of the sudden my game completely crashed to a screen with lots of different colors. I had to reboot after that. Any suggestions?
    As I walk through the Valley of Death, I shall fear no Evil.
    For the valleys are gone and only Death awaits.
    And I am the Evil.

Re: DirectX question

It sounds like Direct X has become corrupt. You could try downloading directx from MS and reinstalling.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Comment

Re: DirectX question

Ok thanks.

EDIT: I don't know what happened, but now CoD4 is working. I have yet to try 2142, I'll post back with the results. Hopefully this was just temporary.
      As I walk through the Valley of Death, I shall fear no Evil.
      For the valleys are gone and only Death awaits.
      And I am the Evil.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X