Verizon enV?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Verizon enV?

My wife is ditching her Razr which she never cared for. She said it was "uncomfortable". The only phone that she really likes the looks of right now is the enV. She does a fair amount of text messaging and no phone based web browsing. She does want the ability to use a song as ring tones.

She specifically asked that I put a post on here soliciting opinions. So fellow geeks give me the straight dope. What do you think of the enV? Is there something better that is shaped similarly (for the comfort bit)?
    Last edited by Wimpinator; 02-02-2008, 11:49 PM. Reason: The != She
    Retired 6th DB

Re: Verizon enV?

I had it's predecessor (the V) for a while and liked it a lot except for the size. the only reason I traded was the Q. I liked the miniSD (I think the enV has micro) and the fact that I could encode movies to play on it. It also took movie clips as the wallpaper.

the full keyboard on the inside and the numberpad on the outside made for a sweet phone.

does the new enV have a touchscreen on the front? if not, I would compare the enV to that phone. they are very similar in features.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
    The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

The enV doesn't have the touchscreen. I believe you are thinking about the "Voyager". It is a nice looking phone but is more than twice the price and she wasn't that impressed with it.
      Retired 6th DB

Comment

I've got a Q on the Sprint network. Its and awesome phone that does a lot of media type things + Syncs with my exchange server at work (And hotmail/Gmail/Yahoo... I got a lot of accounts what can i say) The newer ones are sexy, and do a lot more. Plus Windows Mobile is quite an awesome OS for a phone. Any of the new smart phones work on a scale:

The Q is about 70% Phone and 30% Computer, which is a very acceptable ratio for a smart phone (If not the best)

I havnt played with the enV, but I see'ing is how its mainly a phone im sure that portion will be great. All I can say however is the whole flip/slide part to get to the whole keyboard will get very annoying. My friends have other smart phones (Sprint Mogul, HTC Touch, AT&T Tilt, Iphone, and Voyager) They all love my phone because its a bar style, which has REALLY easy access to a full qwerty keyboard, the other phones you've got to hassle to get to the keyboard in which to do any kind of texting/contact searching.

The best way to know what you want, is to go to a store and ask to see a working model of the phones she likes... Its all about personal preference.

Oh, and try to get like a 30-day return policy, after about 2 weeks she'll know if it'll fit her needs, if not she can always return it and get something else.
        Oyee

Comment

If your q is only 30% computer, then you are not using it to it's full potential.
          Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
          The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

I have an enV, and find it to work quite well for typing. I don't actually text all that much; I actually use mine for writing full emails vial gmail mobile and the like.

Its battery life is solid, and its screen can be bright enough to light the way to the bed at night. It's vaguely awkward for calls, but nothing dealbreaking.
            [volun2]
            NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
            Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
            <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
            <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Another enV user here. I don't text much but the keyboard is great for entering contacts. I have it set to use unique ringtones for different callers, and one can associate photos with caller ID. My boss's face lights up on the screen when he calls me.

I just got a micro SD card for it to make it easier to transfer photos from PC to phone and back. It's got Bluetooth, but the file transfer software on my computer isn't that easy to use. (It's what came with a Kensington Bluetooth USB dongle and tries to make the external device look like a Windows folder, with partial success.)
              Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

She picked up the enV this weekend and she loves it so far. We took V!per's advice and she got to play with one in the store. She has 30 days to take it back if she doesn't like it but it looks good so far. Thanks guys!
                Retired 6th DB

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X