Sound Card Problem!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound Card Problem!!!!

I have a "Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro" Sound Card. When I am playing PR I cant seem to get output in the mic. I can hear people and sounds but they say they cant hear me. I put my mic into the input where the picture of the mic is and it still doesn't work if anybody has a sound card and knows settings to fix this problem I would really appreciate your help :)

Re: Sound Card Problem!!!!

I had the VOIP problem with my X-Fi xtremegamer. Once I joined a game the voip would be disabled automatically. I use a Medusa 5.1 headset.

The only solution I could find to this was to unplug the headset's microphone and plug in a separate standalone microphone. For some reason, it works now. I use the Ultra-high audio setting with no VOIP problems anymore.

I've searched several hours for a better solution, but this is the only one I've come up with...

This is being discussed on the PR forums: http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f27-...ools-road.html

Comment

I have the same card and had the same problem on set up.
      There is a setting in advanced settings where you have to unmute the mic.
      You may be able to access it through the sound properties and drill down a few layers into advanced properties. I am on the road with work on a different computer so I do not have a screen shot. Take a look in those settings and if you cannot find it, I will try to find a screen. I also have the Medusa 5.1 and it took a little work, but things work perfectly with the games and VOIP.

Comment

Originally posted by |TG|Marine Hotshot View Post
        I have a "Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro" Sound Card. When I am playing PR I cant seem to get output in the mic. I can hear people and sounds but they say they cant hear me. I put my mic into the input where the picture of the mic is and it still doesn't work if anybody has a sound card and knows settings to fix this problem I would really appreciate your help :)
        This is a common problem, I have the same card. Basically when you fire up BF2, PR or even 2142 for some reason the game mutes the mic.

1, After game is loaded alt+tab out and unmute mic from sound/audio devices.

2,Buy a cheap usb mic and use this for all your microphone needs. I have done this and it saves alot of messing around.

Hope this helps?

TG-E1st TacticalGamer European Division |

Comment

Also when i talk in the mic when im not playing in game it seems to have like a output effect where I can hear any noise through the mic which is really annoying.

Comment

I have to agree with Rock. I have a logitech USB mic that I had bought a while ago. I never even tried using the headset mic on the sound card.

Comment

Nevermind somebody helped me to fix it thanks for your help anyways

Comment

I had a problem with the mic not working with that card but it was me I had the plugin reversed. So you might need to check that. I went to the Creative site and when I saw a picture it hit home what I had done. So check their site for answers, it helped me. If you can't find it I will see if I can find the link, I;m in a hurry right now.Here is the link.
                http://ask.americas.creative.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=ww_english_add,U={B8F60310-DA4F-11D3-94F4-00500463020E},Company={CEAE216D-8719-4C00-AC9F-03BC258F7B70},d=1130251443648,VARSET=ws:http://us.creative.com,case=2483
                Last edited by kin3; 02-04-2008, 11:02 PM.
                The Old Guy
                kin3
                sigpic

Comment

thanks kin3 this helped me out :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement