The market goes to fast !!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The market goes to fast !!

I find on a few other forums, that motherboard NVIDIA DX11, PCIE 3, DDR3 is scheduled for early 2009
    And Windows Vienna is coming out sometime next year aswell apparently.

The market goes to fast,:icon_conf

hit.
    sigpic

Re: The market goes to fast !!

there will not be another version of windows for 4-5 years at least.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
    The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

http://www.windowsvienna.com/

The current release date of the Windows 7 operating system is expected to be in late 2009, early 2010, returning to the 3-year pause between desktop operating system versions that was common at Microsoft for all Windows versions prior to Windows Vista.

I guess we will see. Vista was late and they were already working on Vienna. Of course, you can arge that Vista was late and Microsoft has traditionally backed off on their releases due to not meeting their objectives. Who knows.

Lucky Shot

Comment

Actually, microsoft released a press statement like last week that reports about Windows 7 in 2009 are false, and 2011 is the target date.
        But either way, Vista was supposed to be out years before it was actually released, so even if they said 2009, might end up 2012. :)

As far as the other stuff, DDR3 is out and has been for a while, and is just way too expensive for pretty much everyone to think about considering how cheap DDR2 is.

PCI-EX3 isn't something to worry about, cause today's graf. cards can't even come close to maxing out PCI-Ex1, and for the most part all that is special for PCI-Ex2 is that it can provide more power to a card, so you don't have to run 2 power wires to the top of the line cards.

And don't get started on DX11. Lots of devs still haven't gotten a handle on 10 yet, and even though DX10 cards say so on the box, they still suck at actually running the games on max.
        Got my fingers crossed the new Nvidia 9800 out next month will change that.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

too bad the 9800 will probably cost one arm, a leg and half of the other leg.

Comment

Actually, with the competition from ATI/AMD and them selling for cheaper, Nvidia is having to cut prices. Have you noticed a bunch of GTX's are well under the $500 mark now, trying to deal with the 3870X2 threat.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

DX11 isnt even in consideration yet!
              Skud

Comment

an anonymous blogger claiming to be a Microsoft employee working on the new operating system