Creative Labs X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty $79 sale

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creative Labs X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty $79 sale

Just passing on the news of this sale. I know a lot of people were all excited when it was on sale a bestbuy a couple of weeks ago for $100.
    http://www.onsale.com/shop/detail~dp...al+Series.aspx

To be honest though, there isn't much difference between this and the regulare XtremeGamer, which can be had for $50 when newegg has rebates, like it is right now:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...=Creative+Labs

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: Creative Labs X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty $79 sale

Yea, not really, just the X-fi ram that doesn't seem to do much at this point. Maybe in the near future it will have its benefits utilized.

Comment

I have been very happy with this card. That is a great price...20 bucks less than what I got it for.

Comment

Yea, same here, very happy. I'm hoping that they utilize the ram more in future to really make the card rock!

Comment

OK, I got a question maybe someboy can help me with that deals with the X-Fi XtremeGamer card.
          I have Logitech Z-5500 speakers that can be analog or digital. I have them connected right now as 5.1 analog and after doing some reading found out they are a direct connection and all speakers produce the same exact sounds(so my EAX is actually of no use in games right now, wondered what was going on there). I decided to connect them using the optical connection and ordered the Toslink cable to do so. My question is, after connecting them using the toslink cable how will I get my mic working cause the optical port on the X-Fi card is the same as the mic in. Is there ways to get the other unused ports on the sound card to recognize the mic?? I guess I could use the front mic port but I would rather all my connections be in the back of the computer. Creative has crappy support involving this matter. Any ideas would be nice.

Comment

For BF2 is it really worth upgrading to the X-FI card? I currently use headphones and I'm running an Audigy Gamer card. So without 5.1 headphones would it make a difference?
            "If the sword is always sheathed, it will become rusty, the blade will dull, and people will think as much of its owner." —Yamamoto Tsunetomo, Hagakure: The Book of the Samurai

I prefer a challenge and teamwork rather than a stat loading server without sound tactical ideals.

Comment

Originally posted by msdz View Post
              OK, I got a question maybe someboy can help me with that deals with the X-Fi XtremeGamer card.
              I have Logitech Z-5500 speakers that can be analog or digital. I have them connected right now as 5.1 analog and after doing some reading found out they are a direct connection and all speakers produce the same exact sounds(so my EAX is actually of no use in games right now, wondered what was going on there). I decided to connect them using the optical connection and ordered the Toslink cable to do so. My question is, after connecting them using the toslink cable how will I get my mic working cause the optical port on the X-Fi card is the same as the mic in. Is there ways to get the other unused ports on the sound card to recognize the mic?? I guess I could use the front mic port but I would rather all my connections be in the back of the computer. Creative has crappy support involving this matter. Any ideas would be nice.
              A few questions: When you hooked the speakers up originally in analog mode did you change the "audio console-speaker tab-5.1" AND run the "THX optimizer"? If you did and they all sound the same....hmmmmmm.

Second, how are you going to connect your optical cable. Are you going direct from the card to the speakers OR are you using the I/O module or the EAX digital I/O box? Those are 3 different types of connections.

Comment

Originally posted by Vodkatonic View Post
                For BF2 is it really worth upgrading to the X-FI card? I currently use headphones and I'm running an Audigy Gamer card. So without 5.1 headphones would it make a difference?
                Considering the card you have has multi-channel and EAX already, you problably would not notice much difference. Down the road when games require more audio power you may, but we are not there yet.

Comment

How much value, if any, is there in the X-FI front panel or the remote? I've been thinking about the RF remote mentioned in another thread, but would like to know if the one with the X-FI offers any advantages.
                  Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Sorry I already bought mines :)

Comment

Monkey, I don't think the front panel would add much unless you are constantly plugging in aux. sources and do things like audio creation and editing.
                      And why the hell would most people want a remote.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

The remote isn't that useful unless you're using it for HTPC functions. Creative has its own player that works with the remote and you can navigate and play video/audio files. There are also third-party apps that will recognize the remote so you can use it with other apps.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

If it works with Windows Media player... I might buy one.
                          Skud

Comment

Bamboo: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/hardwar...ote-my-pc.html
                            Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Ok, I could see that, but considering how much you are going to spend on the remote, why not just buy a DVD player for the TV, where you could watch it much bigger. Players are as cheap as $35.
                              I could see it though if you were going the DVR route, like with Beyond TV.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X