Problem with CoD4 and DirectX

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with CoD4 and DirectX

This has happened to me two times now, but the first time it went away after a few hours. Right now, I keep getting the problem that, when I try to run CoD4, an error comes up saying that DirectX has envountered an unrecoverable error. I run DirectX using the run button in the Start panel, and all that comes up is a folder labeled: Dinput. I just recently uninstalled and reinstalled the game, but that did nothing. Also, the last time this happened, I was able to play 2142, but whenever I would go into a game, the map would be all black, no texture or anything. I don't want to try running it again in order to make sure nothing else happens. I'm guessing that the best thing to do is download DirectX 9.0 again. Does anyone have any suggestions, fixes, or if possible, would you be able to tell me what file I would have to download to get the original files.
    As I walk through the Valley of Death, I shall fear no Evil.
    For the valleys are gone and only Death awaits.
    And I am the Evil.

Re: Problem with CoD4 and DirectX

did you run "dxdiag" in the program menu to bring up the full diagnostic tool?
    Does everything look correct with your system? Do you have version 9c?

And yes...it is usually a good idea to try to reinstall or repair an install when you get a weird problem like that just to rule it out.

Comment

Ok, I have DirectX 9.0, I have no idea what is wrong. Could this be some sort of problem with DirectX? Also, what file should I download from the Microsoft site, in order to get everything back to normal?

EDIT: Please keep this posted, seeing as this is an ongoing problem, I would like to gather as much information as I can and figure out what may be wrong.
      And I am the Evil.

Comment

Reinstall DX9. You can get it here: http://www.microsoft.com.nsatc.net/d...a-9b6652cd92a3

If that doesn't help, then uninstall your graphics drivers, reboot, and reinstall the latest graphics drivers.
        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
        TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
        Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
        Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Are you running xfire with the game? Xfire + CoD4 = fail.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoopy_T View Post
            Are you running xfire with the game? Xfire + CoD4 = fail.
            Was the case when the game released. Seems to be running fine now.

Comment

I just think that you need to upgrade you direct x driver. Maybe that should help you out. if is doesnt work and you need further help please contact me through xfire at "twiggybeast"

Comment

Yeah, I don't use Xfire. It probably is a problem with the driver, because a few hours later it was working fine. After that my modem (comcast) would keep reconnecting every 2-3 minutes and I had to wait that out also. As with the DirectX problem, the modem stopped in a few hours.

EDIT: the internet was disconnected and reconnected (by itself) at 12:30 pm today.
                It happened again at 12:52
                I'll be making a log in this thread of the times that my connection goes out.
                Connection issues at 1:02
                Last edited by Deathblade1065; 02-18-2008, 02:05 PM.
                And I am the Evil.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X