3 Tools to Fix Stuck or Dead Pixel on LCD Monitor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 Tools to Fix Stuck or Dead Pixel on LCD Monitor

Just passing on another interesting article on a subject that has been mentioned here in the forum recently.

3 Tools to Fix Stuck or Dead Pixel on LCD Monitor
    http://www.tothepc.com/archives/3-to...n-lcd-monitor/

I have heard of 2 of them before, but never needed to try since I havn't ever had a dead pixel, but in case anyone out there does, and you try any of these, please report back here with your results.

Also has a link to a dead pixel tester program that looks interesting.

Hope you never need this link (knocks on wood for us all)

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: 3 Tools to Fix Stuck or Dead Pixel on LCD Monitor

Nice find. I remember doing something like this a few years back on another LCD monitor I had.

The last two methods I've never come across. The first one I have, but the one time that I used it, it did not solve my "dead pixels" issue. I later found out after talking to the monitor's manufacturer that I had to return the LCD for a replacement since I possibly had a malfunctioning display.
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I have 1 dead pixel on my new 22" WS. I have tried all the programs and also did the manual massaging I read about as well and no successs. I did call newegg.com back up where I bought my monitor from and they said the industry standard for replacing a monitor with dead pixels is usually 8 dead pixels. They did however tell me if it was really annoying while playing any games they would replace it though. I told them I would play some games and try it out first, I have gotten use to it and it really doesn't bother me now. It was just a matter of knowing it should not be there that was really bothering me.

Comment

You are a better man than me then.
        I had a weird artifact on my CRT I was using before this 22", and it was only about the size of 2 pixels, but it drove me batty. I just kept looking at it.
        AAAAAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....................the horror. Red Rum...............Red RUUMMMMM>>>>>>>>>>>>

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X