Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vista Service Pack 1 deployed for x64-based systems!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vista Service Pack 1 deployed for x64-based systems!!!

So going through my RSS feeds this morning and saw this article

Vista Service Pack 1 deployed for x64-based systems
    http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=11914

So I start up windows update, and clicked the "Check for updates", and nothing came up.
    About 5 mins. later, I clicked it again, and look what came up!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :)
    Should I take the plunge? I think I am going to.....................wish me luck........

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: Vista Service Pack 1 deployed for x64-based systems!!!

Wow, how'd you get that top bar on your desktop?

Comment

It is called Object Dock, from Stardock, and it is free

http://www.stardock.com/products/objectdock/index.asp

I was nervous about trying it at 1st, but after 2 days I was in love and will never go back.

There are litertaly thousands of Icons and you can change the way the bar looks. I like wood grain a lot, so I picked that.

I am probably going to do a write up in a thread one day soon.

I have been really busy latly playing with crap, but I usually don't have the other Icons on my desktop. I don't need them any more.

All the icons and extras are here:
      http://www.wincustomize.com/skins.aspx?libid=29
      more than 1400 pages worth

Also, a ton of cool Icons are here:
      http://www.customxp.net/PngFactory/?langid=1

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

I have had SP1 for three weeks now and I see no real difference anywhere EXCEPT:

moving files and anything associated with that is MUCH improved. I had some very big issues with moving files while deleting others and the computer taking HOURS to move what should take minutes. Also, moving files from one partition to another was ridiculously slow. All the issues I have seen with Vista and file moving are now fixed, plus the cosmetic issue of the 4gig limit have been corrected. now, even a x86 system will SHOW the full amount of ram on system properties, even though the system might not be addressing all of it.

<- still on the fence as to whether or not this a good thing or not.
        Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
        The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Wonder why SP1 only is available for some people, I still have not got any pdates like that YET and have been checking frequently for it.

Comment

Originally posted by msdz View Post
            Wonder why SP1 only is available for some people, I still have not got any pdates like that YET and have been checking frequently for it.
            There are issues with some of the drivers. Microsoft is holding off for some until those issues are resolved.
            Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
            - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
            - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
            - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
            - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
            - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
            - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Just turned on my computer and it is downloading now. We shall see if it solved a couple of issues or not!!
              "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Wow, I was just looking for a toolbar utility that would let me organize the million shortcuts on a shared computer at the office.

A teammate posted a link to notable changes in SP1 here:

http://matureasskickers.net/wbb2/thr...threadid=16832

On a related note, news of XP SP3 RC2 here:

http://matureasskickers.net/wbb2/thr...threadid=16831
                Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Wow! That just took 2 hours to do the update. I am checking it out now to see if there is anything noticeable right off the bat.
                  "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

My x86 vista computer did it, and yes moving files,deleting is much faster even sometimes I don't see that stupid window with the bar going across.. But still doesn't detect old sound cards yet

Comment

Don't know if I'm too late with this info but thought I'd just get it out there ASAP.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7205059.stm
                      Anger is a gift - Malcolm X

Comment

Here are the programs:
                        BitDefender AV
                        Fujitsu Shock Sensor
                        Jiangmin KV Antivirus 10
                        Jiangmin KV Antivirus 2008
                        Trend Micro Internet Security
                        Zone Alarm Security Suite
                        Iron Speed Designer
                        Xheo Licensing
                        Free Allegiance
                        NYT Reader
                        Rising Personal Firewall
                        Novell ZCM Agent

You know they are working on fixing them quick though.
                        I don't use any of those, and zone alarm doesn't work with Vista 64 last time I checked anyway, so I went ahead and updated.
                        So far so good.
                        I like that I can now defrag my HDs individually instead of all together like before SP1.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Everything is running pretty smooth so far. I am not using any of the programs mentioned that have security flaws, so hopefully I will not have any issues!

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigC View Post
                            Everything is running pretty smooth so far. I am not using any of the programs mentioned that have security flaws, so hopefully I will not have any issues!
                            Same here.
                            The Old Guy
                            kin3
                            sigpic

Comment

Out this morning is a detailed look at SP1 from Andantech.com (really trusted site)
                              http://www.anandtech.com/systems/sho...&cp=2#comments

I haven't gotten a chance to read it this morning, but if anything really important pops out, I will edit this post later when I have some free time.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X