G15 problems?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G15 problems?

Ok, I bought the G15 when I built a new computer and have been using it for about 3-4 weeks now. I have problems with it when typing and playing games with the left shift button. Anybody else notice this or is this something that is only happening with my G15. I have to make sure i go back through and check to see if some things are capitalized cause it seems like I need to add extra preesure or hit it twice to make it work right.

Re: G15 problems?

the only thing i notice with my left shift button is that sometimes, when playing a game, and i press 3 buttons or more.. say shift to walk and a+w to strafe and walk forward while clicking my mosue to shoot, the shift button will stay on... not stick down, just the keyboard will have the signal to hold shift down on toggle or somethign and i have to pres shift and release it for it to return to norm.. you might have a semi-bad button inside, if you wanted to open it up and check to see if everything looks good, or swap the internals of your shift buttoin with another button that is a thought.. assuming it is hardware related and not software
    Last edited by Tonk; 02-23-2008, 05:55 PM.
    powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Comment

I hate the G15. I have now had both models, including 2 of the newer models. It outright sucks. I bought it because it has a LCD which is great for TeamSpeak, but I have had nothing but issues. On all 3 keyboards I always get a series of key that does not work and I literally have to hit it a dozen times for it to register a key stroke. Even worse is the customer service when they sit there and constantly close your customer service issue because they assume that when they give you a hyper link for some support item, it is now closed. On top of that, I really have to pay attention to what i type when using it because if not it looks like a 5 year old is typing due to all the keystrokes not being recorded.
      "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Hmmm, I have the older version of the G15 with the blue backlighting and honestly, I have almost no issues with it and I have been using it for over 2 years or so. The only think I have had a problem with is the LCD not automatically switching to the TS display when I start TS, but I can switch it manually, and it's no big deal. I guess I got lucky with mine. The only complaints I could find in the reviews when I got mine was that the paint rubbed off the keys, but I have had no issues with that either.

Comment

i dont have problems with mine but what was above, do you have the orange backlit one TheBigC? are you looking to sell it? im want to get the orange one but i dont want to buy another $100 keyboard
          powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Comment

The blue one (old version) was fairly decent, but wore out quickly on me. The new version (orange LCD) is kind lame. I have a bunch of keyboards that I own, so this is isolated just to the Logitechs for some odd reason.
            "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Hmmm... I have the newer version of the G15 with the orange back lighting and I too have no issues with it.

Perhaps you should try to RMA it or return it to the reseller.
              |TG-88th| DaddyOfThree

Comment

That is what I am thinking of doing. I do not want to tear into it since it should still be under a warranty. I will go back to my old Logitech media keyboard till I get a replacement from newegg. that one was getting so old though the keys were wanting to stick though. All the other types of Logitech keyboards I have had seemed really good and lasted me a long time, the only reason I got the G15 was for TeamSpeak, got tired of not knowing who was speaking or coming and going.

Comment

look into TSO (teamspeak overlay) it is right on the screen (can be moved to any corner or side of the screen, and when someone talks, it shows up the name.. really great imho) i have both tso and g15 and instead of my eyes leaving the screen to look at my keyboard (ive died a few times that way) i just look slightly to the right or left