Astro A40 Headset

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Astro A40 Headset

PC Gamer rated this bad boy a 97% in the April 2008 mag and I was just wondering if anyone has had first hand experience with it? A MSRP of $250 seems a stretch although the mixer which balances voice and game audio sounds like a winner.

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Re: Astro A40 Headset

well you do get a free t-shirt!

They do look nice, but 250 is a lot to pay for a headset.

Comment

It sounds like the mixer is just a mixer. It's cool but the game/voice separation is when your entire team is local to you with the A40 mixer as well.

On another note, Vista has volume control per application. I can crank TeamSpeak while keeping game sounds to something reasonable for me.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Originally posted by =Sarc= View Post
        It sounds like the mixer is just a mixer. It's cool but the game/voice separation is when your entire team is local to you with the A40 mixer as well.
        Ya, I read a bit further and apparently the game/voice mixing is really only useful for Xbox. Bummer. I've been able to get by anyways by lowering my game volume but it would have been nice to have had an easy way to balance it.

I guess I'll stick with my good 'ol Plantronics headset for now. I do like the fact it is USB based and I've never had a serious comfort issue.

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

The A40 Mixer is just a mixer though. I'm sure you can go buy a really cheap mixer and use onboard sound (for TeamSpeak) and mix the sound together. You'd have easy volume adjustment that way.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X