780 and the 9000 series cards

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 780 and the 9000 series cards

I know the new 780 motherboard came out not that long ago along with the 9000 series of graphics cards from Nvidia.

What I am curious is if the 3 card SLI feature of the new 780 boards support 3 cards from the 9000 card series.

Has anyone researched or heard anything about this?

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Re: 780 and the 9000 series cards

As far as I know, TRI-SLI only works with the 8800gtx/ultra as of right now, as the other cards do not have enough SLI bridges on them.

Comment

What he said ^
      that is what i heard also

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

HMM interesting- who needs that much power though?

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

The current (9600) cards don't have the proper connectors for tri-sli on them. Only the gtx and ultras do at the moment. I'll be suprised if there's not a 9800GTX or a 9800Ultra though, judging by the prices 8800gtxs are going for at the moment.

Sounds like someone wants to play crysis with all the eye candy turned on. Only thing I can think of. But remember, you'll just about have to have an extreme edition processor to feed all those cards. When I had just an e6300, it wasnt enough of a cpu to feed my 8800gts.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X