Soundcard issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soundcard issues

OK, I have a Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer and have had some problems with it lately. I am not sure what happened to it but I was able to play games and all was OK and when I played music it was OK as well. Anyway, lately I have been having severe issues with the music side of things. Whenever I play music it fades in and out, like the volume is being turned up and down on it constantly. It is very annoying to say the least cause I have the Z-5500 speakers and all had sounded so smooth and clear with this set up. I think what might have started my problem was I was just using the drivers and Alchemy and that was it(which also installs the Creative Audio Console). I read on the forums hear in another discussion about using the Creative Audio Launcher and had downloaded that. That was when I noticed things going to hell with the music. Of course I switch over to play music in the "Entertainment" setting if any are wondering about that. I had even tried music in the regular "Gaming" setting and still have the same effect.
    I tried a different set of speakers with the same results, so the speakers are narrowed out of it. I even uninstalled the Creative Audio Launcher hoping all would go back to normal and when it didn't uninstalled everything including the soundcard and hoped it would all work after restarting the computer and just re-downloading the drivers again. Still no help. I went onto the Creative Forums and posted on there in hopes somebody would have some help for me, that was a joke also. So, at my wits end I am asking here for help.
    For any that don't know I am running Vista Ultimate x64 as well.
    My last option is to back everything up and completely reformat the hard drives and reinstall Vista again. I have a strong feeling it must be something to due with either the soundcard drivers or Vista or maybe both.

Re: Soundcard issues

Nobody have any ideas?

Comment

Wish I could help, man. Sound set up is something I still can't figure out, and spent forever trying to get mine to work right. I still have the mic cutting out in the middle of BF2 problem I am trying to solve.

Good news might bet that Asus is getting into the sound card biz in a big way, and maybe they have their cards running strait.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

http://www.youp-pax.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=13

Try out the Youp-Pax drivers. There's a Vista version but I think some of them don't work on Vista64.

http://hosted.filefront.com/robertmc814 - This has a bunch of recent versions of Youp-Pax.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

OK, thanks for someone responding but I also posted a question on Yahoo Answers and somebody there was able to help me out. It was a setting called X-Fi CMSS-3D that is enabled by default that had to be disabled. It squared me right up. Now I can listen to music and be-bop.

Comment

Holy crap, someone at yahoo answers actually answered correctly.
            I have looked through there a bunch of times and have always left laughing at how people that have no idea what they are talking about leave extremely wrong answers.

Glad to hear you got it fixed. :D

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

I know, I go there sometimes to try to help out the best I can. If I have no clue I don't answer the question(happens a lot). I get a kick out of some of the stuff there as well.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X