Internet Explorer 8 Beta

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet Explorer 8 Beta

I held off on posting this news yesterday after reading a lot of the comments left by readers in numerous articles about their troubles with installing and running the 8 beta, but lots of people are also liking the new version a lot, so have decided to pass it on to you all at TG.....

Story is, yesterday Microsoft released Beta 1 of the new and greatly improved Internet Explorer 8.
    Here is all about the new features and where to download.
    http://cybernetnews.com/2008/03/05/i...ad-ie8-beta-1/

And here is that sites 1st review, as well as lots of reader comments.
    http://cybernetnews.com/2008/03/06/i...t-impressions/

Still got to say I am really happy with Firefox, and in case you haven't heard, Firefox 3 is going to blow a lot of people away, and speed tests are really looking amazing.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: Internet Explorer 8 Beta

Running Firefox 3 and IE8 now.

IE 8 seems to hang alot in this beta, but its good MS is finally adopting standards (it passes the Acid2 test)

Firefox 3 I'm in love with though. Once you get used to being able to search for anything in your history in the search bar on the fly (thanks to SQLite), there's no going back. Saves so much time.

Comment

And the crazy part is, the Beta that is out right now is actually very slow compared to the nightly builds of Firefox.
      Read this if you want to get even more excited:
      http://cybernetnews.com/2008/02/25/f...-gets-a-boost/

Anyone that wants to try out Firefox 3, you can install the portable apps version
      http://portableapps.com/apps/interne..._portable/test

It doesn't actually install, it sits in its own folder and when you are done playing with it, you delete it. Or you can carry it on your
      thumb drive like I do so you have all you bookmarks all the time.
      That link is the the Beta3 version, which doesn't have all the final features and the big bump in speed.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Originally posted by Bamboo View Post
        And the crazy part is, the Beta that is out right now is actually very slow compared to the nightly builds of Firefox.
        I've been running the nightly's since December. Despite the occasional instability, I can't go back :p

Comment

i personally use IE for two things and two things alone.. first off is windows update, and the other is to download firefox... that is where my use of IE ends... i dont care if they make IE69: uber pwnage gamer edition, ill stick to my opera and firefox hands down...
          powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Comment

IE now has tabs and open group in tabs like FF. Last FF would not play online movies from NetFlix.
            The Old Guy
            kin3
            sigpic

Comment

Netflix is working on that. I have read that from multi articles. A mac version also.
              I also did a really long survey for Netflix (I am a happy member, and watch a lot of the online shows), and they asked a lot of questions about Firefox, so I think they know it's an issue.

@kin3, Have you ever heard of Semmes (I think its spelled right) AL, right out side of Mobile? Its near a huge Coast Guard Base by the Airport. Grew up there but don't remember much about it.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

I downloaded it. It is a step in the right direction.

Comment

Originally posted by Bamboo View Post
                  Netflix is working on that. I have read that from multi articles. A mac version also.
                  I also did a really long survey for Netflix (I am a happy member, and watch a lot of the online shows), and they asked a lot of questions about Firefox, so I think they know it's an issue.

@kin3, Have you ever heard of Semmes (I think its spelled right) AL, right out side of Mobile? Its near a huge Coast Guard Base by the Airport. Grew up there but don't remember much about it.
                  Yes I know the area. My brother lives in that area. The Mobile area is changing and growing at the present. A lot of new indurstries and one in the news lately is the AirBus for refueling that the Air Force is going to order (fingers crossed).
                  The Old Guy
                  kin3
                  sigpic

Comment

FF3 B3 does load pages a noticably faster than FF2. Unfortunately, many of my favorite widgets do not support FF3 Beta 3. So I'm waiting until FF3 v1 releases and the widget devs get around to support it. :)

IE8 supposedly will support W3C standards, so I'll finally be happy I'm not writing new CSS just for IE. :D
                    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Off Topic: FF3 B3 is a kick in the pants :)
                      On Topic: After how slow IE7 was I never looked back.
                      Skud

Comment

IE now has tabs and open group in tabs like FF. Last FF would not play online movies from NetFlix.
                        I use netflix too. I use the addon "IETAB" and set it so netflix always renders under IE within firefox. That way I never have to leave firefox to watch movies from it :).
                        Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
                        Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

I heard they still haven't fixed IETAB and still has a bad memory leak. Hope they fix that.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Originally posted by TheSkudDestroyer View Post
                            Off Topic: FF3 B3 is a kick in the pants :)
                            On Topic: After how slow IE7 was I never looked back.
                            Same here, B3 rocks!! Except for the addons/extensions not working :|

Comment

GOOD NEWS!!!!
                              Firefox 3 Beta 4 is Here!

http://cybernetnews.com/2008/03/10/f...eta-4-is-here/

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X