I need your temperatures!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need your temperatures!

I'm working on a wiki article, because well there is NO INFO OUT THERE. At least not easily found.

THis segment is for GFX cards. Brand isnt so much important as chipset for my research but would help.

For this I need info on Nvidia and ati chipsets.

Load up speedfan, and you'll have one temp marked core(for nvidia cards, not sure about ati, someone tell us?), it will be AFTER you hd temps.

I'd like a base line, the temp it reads while your just clicking around, surfing the web ect.. Then play your gfx intensive game for an hour as normal. Alt tab or close and note the new temp.

Post the following info (Just the temps and model number are important)

Heres mine

Model: Nvidia 7600GS
    Baseline temp: 106f
    1 hour temp 128f
    (either temperature F or C is exceptable

Optional
    Game settings-High
    Nvidia settings High
    slot type pciex
    Card branding: evga

Your side notes: I need experience based info on cards over heating. At what temp has cards you owned started acting up. Symptoms include: Artifacts. This is where pieces of the images lag individually They may be slow to draw, textures turning white or other solid color. Pieces of textures or objects staying in the screne that dont belong. Textures not being drawn at all(holes in objects). Note that this doesn't include when you are say, against a building and part of an edge disappears that your close to, and u move just slightly, and its back. this is normalyl game, anti aliasing, or camera angle related.

Other symptoms are frame rate takes a dive, and/or the apparent LAG burst where everything moves, "freezes" then goes freezes...ect. The last symptom is Entire system freezes. Its important to note that to establish likely video card over heat this way, is to have the prob after system is warmed up, and on mulitple 3d games that arent related. ie any game you play eventually freezes, but windows seems to run fine. Usually a good sign is gfx specific. If anyone wants to add to the above symptoms or correct something pls do so.
    Bf2142-TOOmuchMcLovin
    America's Army- -=No.Ob=-McLovin
    Bf2-TOOmuchSEX

Re: I need your temperatures!

Model: Nvidia 8800GTS 640MB (overclocked 650/1000 from 513/800)
    Baseline temp: 55C
    Running ATI Tool for an hour (or playing TF2) maxes out at roughly 70C

This is with the GPU fan running at 100% always (default fan speed was only 60% while idle). I have not had heat issues since purchase in Sept 2006. This is on the stock cooler.
    Non overclocked temps would probably be similar, maybe 1 or 2 degrees smaller.

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Comment

Did a big cleanout today so this seems as good a time as any to post my temps.
      Nvidia GALAXY GeForce 6800GT AGP running at 400/1120 from the default 370/1000

GPU IDLE: 36 C (96.8 F)
      GPU LOADED: 50 C (122 F)

Loaded temps are taken after 3 hours of Battlefield 2.

POE2 Developer

Comment

8800gtx
        55 idle
        70 under 3d load

used atitool

Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough! Benjamin Franklin

Comment

7600GS
          56 C (idle)
          n/a (load)

* I'll have to post a reply later on with my load temperature. I'm about to head off to bed, so I'm not able to game for an hour just to read the temp. :p
          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
          TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
          Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
          Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

ATI X300 (seriously) in a lappy at 430/300 from 297/216.

44C idle and about 60C gaming. However, I did just clean everything out and I applied AS5 about two weeks ago. I was running as high as 75C before that.

|
            |

Comment

8800GTS g92 512mb

51c load
              41c idle

stock fan speed is 39 until 65c and then 100% its loud and annoying so i set it to 69% constant to get my temps for some reason 70% sounds almost like 100, but 69 is semi quiet
              powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Comment

I have all fans at 100%
                I game with big surround headphones anyway so I don't hear anything outside of them.

POE2 Developer

Comment

EVGA 8800GT SuperClocked Edition. 650Mhz
                  Idle temperature seems high to me of 64*C
                  Will edit later with gaming test after an hour of play with CoD4.
                  Using ATI Tools
                  Some recommendations on an aftermarket cooler would be nice, one that has afan that might blow the heat from the GPU out the rear of the case if there is one available for this card?? I want the temps to get down a lot more than what they are at right now.

Comment

Originally posted by msdz View Post
                    EVGA 8800GT SuperClocked Edition. 650Mhz
                    Idle temperature seems high to me of 64*C
                    Will edit later with gaming test after an hour of play with CoD4.
                    Using ATI Tools
                    Some recommendations on an aftermarket cooler would be nice, one that has afan that might blow the heat from the GPU out the rear of the case if there is one available for this card?? I want the temps to get down a lot more than what they are at right now.
                    OK i've researched alot about evga cards and most say they run hot. Also most say evga uses HORRIBLE heat solutions. I personally bought 2 evga 7600's for SLI, BOTH threw a bearing in their fans. BOth suffered from low fan speeds. And 1 has since died due to a fan going crap. My current card that is left from the sli set still runs hot, and i've had to do some serious work on it.

Main suggestion. Take off the original and apply new thermal paste to it. BOth cards i had the thermal bond has dried and crusted which makes it a horrible transfer gel for heat. makes sure to scrape off the old crust before adding the new stuff.

I'll get back to you on other thermal solutions. But one i have is a 6 dollar fan i threw in an open port right next to my gfx card it shaves off about 5c off the card temp and 3-6c off the ambiant temp of my case internally.

I use watercool tech for my cpu, and it runs wide open, 100% load on both cpus, at only 35-38c :) I'm looking into making it gfx card campatible or finding one for gfx cards.

Also working on completely self containing my case inside a mini fridge...ongoing project lol man i need some new hobbies :P
                    Bf2142-TOOmuchMcLovin
                    Bf2-TOOmuchSEX

Comment

Dual ATI Radeon x1950 ProXTX LE's:
                      Card 1:
                      Idle - 37C
                      Loaded - 54C
                      Card 2:
                      Idle - 36C
                      Loaded - 51C

Fan speed is default at 40% from baseline to 50C then it ramps to 70% up to 65C ( >65C runs at 100% ). Load temps taken after 3 hours of playing PR, all settings on high. I think my 9 case fans and the fact that it's freaking freezing in my room help with the heat though.

Comment

I had read an article a long time ago about the computer case in the mini fridge or actually being the mini fridge, not sure but anyway it is a big no-no. the computer components heating up will cause a condensation when they cool back down. Which means water and electircity is a fireworks show waiting to happen. Cooling the case to much is just as bad as not enough when water and electricity can get into the picture by condenstion. If there was a way to completely waterproof the components inside then it may work out good but I doubt you could do that.

Comment

There is another way to do it:
                          dehumidifier in the minifridge with ported exhaust to the exterior.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
                            There is another way to do it:
                            dehumidifier in the minifridge with ported exhaust to the exterior.
                            the above was one option there is a 2nd.
                            dehumidifier inside.
                            you would put it in fridge and run it first. wait couple hours turn on fridge Once the air is cool and dry then you can turn on your comp. Once the comp is on, you leave it on. With the temps being so low your extending your comp life automatically. So then one last problem comes up.

How do i load cd's without breaking the moisture seal? 2 options.
                            I cut a hole in the fridge
                            second options
                            I use alcohol to run any cd based stuff which is currently 0.

If i need something off a cd. I will use my laptop to move it wirelessly or over the preinstalled lan
                            Bf2142-TOOmuchMcLovin
                            Bf2-TOOmuchSEX

Comment

Just drill a small hole for the wiring and have your optical drive outside the fridge. Seal the hole with silicone.

|
                              |

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...