FairUse DVD copying program for free

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FairUse DVD copying program for free

Before anyone freaks out that I am talking about piracy here, I am not.

I posting about this program because I think a lot of people will find it useful to use at home to copy/convert their OWN DVD's. It can be used to back up those DVDs that your kids like to play with and scrach, so you can keep the master copy safe but still let them watch when they want
    I actually decided to try it out because I am considering geting an I-phone and am not about to re-buy my movies off of I-tunes. I am excited though about movies starting to come with a copy for you to use on your I-phone.

Anyway, back to the FairUse program. I read about it in this article this morning:
    Get full version of FairUse Wizard DVD ripper for free
    Be sure to read the comments for more info, and like it says, make sure you UNCHECK the option to install the adware toolbar.

I found it very easy to use when I made a copy of Pitch Black, and enjoyed watching my q6600 use all 4 cores at about 60% while it made the copy. It takes some time at the beginning to analyze the disk (about 10 mins.), and then about 20 mins. to make the copy, which I had set to produce for an I-phone size. There are a lot of other presets available in the advanced tab.
    http://www.fairusewizard.com/lang_en...t_edition.html

Program is free for a limited time, but I am going to keep a copy of the install if anyone needs it later after the promotion.

I will pass on that I also had to download the DivX program so it would play in Windows Media Player, but DivX is a good program to have anyway.
    If you don't want DivX, grab the amazing little program called VLC media player.
    http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
    That program will play just about everything you can throw at it, and a lot of times seems to play it better than WMP. There is also a portable apps version you can get to keep on your thumb drive. I use it off my thumb drive on friend's computers when they have something that won't play right and it is really useful and very tiny space wise and system resource wise.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: FairUse DVD copying program for free

So does the program "expire" after the "limited" promotion is over?
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Doesn't look like it

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

What about the comments below the "news article" in your first link that says that the adware toolbar is to "keep the program free"?

Any truth in that?
        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
        Former 9th & 13th

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

They probably make a small profit for offering to install it from the toolbar maker.
          But like I said, you have the choice not to install, so I wouldn't.
          Adobe Acrobat Reader for PDF files and I think Flashplayer or Shockwave players do the same thing.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Hmm, okay. Just making sure. Some programs I've used in the past were only free as long as the 'adware' component was installed.
            |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
            Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I use DVD Decrypter for ripping and nero recode to shrink.

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Comment

DVDshrink for ftw
                Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
                The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Yeah, I use DVDshrink to do the burning as well. But that program shows it's age on some movies and DVD Decrypter is kind of complicated for most people.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Hmm, I'll give this new program a try. I used to use a freeware/open source-based DVD ripper program (several years ago). It worked fine even if it was overly complicated.
                    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                    Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

dvdfab platinum for the uber win..it is stupid good at everything..

Comment

Here is another article for it
                        http://cybernetnews.com/2008/03/17/f...nverting-dvds/

One commenter mentions DVD43, which I tried and it caused my computer to go to Blue screen the instant I double clicked the Icon. Did it 3 times in a row 1st time I tried it. Probably doesn't like Vista or something, but other people like that program as well.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

New article out today on Lifehacker.com (a really awesome site)

Link:
                          Turn Your PC into a DVD Ripping Monster

Lots of good info there.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X