Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Make your Firefox searchbox more usefull.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make your Firefox searchbox more usefull.

Some of you might not use your search box very often (that little box in the top right of firefox), but once you start using it, it can save you a ton of time. Thing is, there really arn't that many default sites to search from.
    But check this out:
    http://mycroft.mozdev.org/install.html

Go there, find the sites you use often and want to search, and add it to Firefox.
    There are literally more than a thousand out there.
    For instance, I search for stuff on Newegg a couple of times a day, but always have to open up newegg, then search. Now, I can just highlight the word and right click, or just type it into the search box, and it opens up in another tab.

The extension add on called SearchLoad Options is also extremely helpful and worth adding to your computer.

Hope this saves you at least 5-6 sec. a day.
    Which over the next couple of years adds up to hours that you know owe me.
    You will be working your time off in the trenches of what ever FPS you happen to have on your harddrive at the time. :D

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: Make your Firefox searchbox more usefull.

I don't use it much for alternate sites, but I use it constantly for Google. I'm using Seamonkey from home (the suite version of Firefox) and it has only the URL bar which doubles as the search box.

I believe Google pays Mozilla for each search started from the Firefox search box. So you help to pay for your browser by using the built-in search box.
    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

i have the "google toolbar" installed in forefox and it is freakin awesome...am not how i did things before..its pop-up blocker is better than any other i have tried to use here at work as well...

Comment

I actually got rid of that search box and added Google toolbar, and got rid of all the extra buttons it adds. I'm a huge fan of the way it turns the phrases you type into buttons. Click, and it jumps straight to that word or phrase on the page. Fastest. Search. Ever.

|
        |

Comment

Must Have Isohunnnnttt
          Skud

Comment

Originally posted by TheSkudDestroyer View Post
            Must Have Isohunnnnttt
            youtorrent.com and http://scrapetorrent.com/ are even better and great way to find patches and stuff

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X