Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stock settings on new Build, just bragging... :)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stock settings on new Build, just bragging... :)

So, i just finished my first run on 3dMark06 and got 13,559 stock -Bone Dry no OC'ing on anything (Third boot after driver installs and XP updates)

My setup
    Antec P180 Mini
    Tunic Tower 120 (With Arctic Silver 5)
    Crucial Balistx DDR2-800 2x2GB
    Intel Q9300 2.5Ghz Quad (Soon to OC to 3.5Ghz)
    Asus G35 mATX P5E-VM
    Geforce 9800 GX2 (Yes, a freaking 9800 GX2)
    Enermax Liberty 620w
    WD 500GB 7200RPM
    Sony Multi-Format SATA DVD-RAM
    5.25" Mini-ITX Server running Windows Server 2008

--Im playing around with the idea of ordering a 5.25" Switch to make a gaming server :P
    --Im also playing around with the idea of ordering a WD 10kRPM 150 Raptor

Running on a Fresh install of XP Pro x64 :)

I dont know my temps just yet because asus probe is reading constant (Cold boot even) @ 42c...

Edit: Temps after running 3dMark06 again never got above 29c O.o Lots of OC head room...
    Oyee

Re: Stock settings on new Build, just bragging... :)

Would've thought the PSU is a little weak for the GPU...

Edit: Linky.

At the bottom:-

Note: This card is 295mm in length so make sure it fits in your case! Also the cards require PCI-E x16 slots, they will not function in a x8 slot so for SLi you need dual x16 mainboard. Finally 600W minimum for PSU and 700W+ is recommended. Also make sure your PSU has true 8 pin PCI-Express connector rather than a 6+2 pin connector.
    If everything's working fine, I wouldn't suggest OCing, due to not quite enough power.

Check here

Edit 2: Wow.

I was just reading over my post and something popped into my head.

Originally posted by SharinganTH1422 View Post
    I'm a fairly casual gamer, which means I've hardly bought anything to accommodate my games for my PC (well, more like just "game" - Battlefield 2142). This mouse is the first thing, and I've also purchased a headset...soon I'll probz have a shiny new machine with rims, using words terms like "overclocking" ;)

It's come true dammit, IT'S COME TRUE!!!

When I made that post it was about a new mouse I was buying, and I actually new jacks**t about computers. And now look, I;m advising other people on what they could do for their systems USING TERMS LIKE OCING.

It's amazing what Internet research can do for you, isn't it :D (Gambit, Sarc, Rincewind, Anospa, jb4, Melee, Long Bow (watched Way of the Gun recently and instantly remembered the name) and IantheRed, thanks for the input, I've come a damn long way :D.)

(Apologies for meaningless anecdote)
    Last edited by SharinganTH1422; 03-21-2008, 10:11 AM.
    Anger is a gift - Malcolm X

Comment

Freak show computer. :icon_eek: Looks pretty sweet. Once you get your games going it would be interesting for all to know what type of FPS you are getting with that card. Inquiring minds want to know.
      Congratulations on your new computer.

Comment

If everything's working fine, I wouldn't suggest OCing, due to not quite enough power.

Check here

Edit 2: Wow.

I was just reading over my post and something popped into my head.

It's come true dammit, IT'S COME TRUE!!!

When I made that post it was about a new mouse I was buying, and I actually new jacks**t about computers. And now look, I;m advising other people on what they could do for their systems USING TERMS LIKE OCING.

It's amazing what Internet research can do for you, isn't it :D (Gambit, Sarc, Rincewind, Anospa, jb4, Melee, Long Bow (watched Way of the Gun recently and instantly remembered the name) and IantheRed, thanks for the input, I've come a damn long way :D.)

(Apologies for meaningless anecdote)

nVidia says it requires a 580w PSU, though being the computer geek that I am, and knowing as much as I do about electricity (and my PSU) im in the clear for some good OC'ing... Not on the vid card of course, its pleanty powerful enough, no need to OC it... But i will OC the Proc and possibly give the RAM a nice low CAS lat at 800Mhz (No need for faster speed, lower lat is more important).

Edit:
        Is HL2:Ep2 capped at 299FPS? I cant get above that, and it never goes below 270fps :)
        Oyee

Comment

Originally posted by Black_V!per View Post
          nVidia says it requires a 580w PSU, though being the computer geek that I am, and knowing as much as I do about electricity (and my PSU) im in the clear for some good OC'ing... Not on the vid card of course, its pleanty powerful enough, no need to OC it... But i will OC the Proc and possibly give the RAM a nice low CAS lat at 800Mhz (No need for faster speed, lower lat is more important).

Edit:
          Is HL2:Ep2 capped at 299FPS? I cant get above that, and it never goes below 270fps :)
          I see, well I've never OCed, I was just basing what I said on the fact that I heard a higher wattage than what you had was recommended.

And P.S. Fantastic system you got going there.

Edit: Not sure about your edit ;).

Comment

Originally posted by Black_V!per View Post
            So, i just finished my first run on 3dMark06 and got 13,559 stock -Bone Dry no OC'ing on anything (Third boot after driver installs and XP updates)

My setup
            Antec P180 Mini
            Tunic Tower 120 (With Arctic Silver 5)
            Crucial Balistx DDR2-800 2x2GB
            Intel Q9300 2.5Ghz Quad (Soon to OC to 3.5Ghz)
            Asus G35 mATX P5E-VM
            Geforce 9800 GX2 (Yes, a freaking 9800 GX2)
            Enermax Liberty 620w
            WD 500GB 7200RPM
            Sony Multi-Format SATA DVD-RAM
            5.25" Mini-ITX Server running Windows Server 2008

--Im playing around with the idea of ordering a 5.25" Switch to make a gaming server :P
            --Im also playing around with the idea of ordering a WD 10kRPM 150 Raptor

Running on a Fresh install of XP Pro x64 :)

I dont know my temps just yet because asus probe is reading constant (Cold boot even) @ 42c...

Edit: Temps after running 3dMark06 again never got above 29c O.o Lots of OC head room...
            dude where did ya find the Q9300???? ive been looking for the Q9450's but cant seem to find any yet. have they been released???

my new build which i have the $$$ for is gona be based off the Q9450 but cant find any lol...

i know they said it would be released in Q1 well its here and almost gone :(

i just want to get the box built and then gona have to save for the vid card after i got the main system built.

if anyone has any info i havent found on the release date for the Q9450's please post,,, Thank you

Comment

http://maxpctech.blogspot.com/2008/0...t-selling.html

This is a strange one.

They could be suddenly released any day now, and I don't think there's any real release date set.

I think the processors will slowly trickle into our shops, starting sometime soon.

Edit:

http://xbitlabs.com/news/cpu/display...Next_Week.html

It'll probably start selling soon. It's been delayed multiple times, and they should have tied all the loose ends by now.

Comment

Cappy, you should stop by these forums more often :D
                We have talked about where the new chips are a bunch.
                Intel is saying they have had way more demand than expected, so they can't keep up. Most tech sites are saying they should show up in April, but will probably be May before they are just about everywhere and the prices start leveling out to normal. They are just about finished getting all 4 fabs up and making the chips.
                We also just had a post about the 9300 like last week. Might have to search for it.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Awesome set up. You have the Chip and GPU I've been drooling about. I don't think, however, that 3Dmark06 score is doing your system justice. My last score was 11,541 for my system: E6400 (Duo Core 2) O.C.'d to 3.2Ghz (2.13Ghz stock), EVGA 8800GTS 640MB, 4GB (2x2GB) G.Skill RAM, DFI Infinity board, Dual Boot; WD500GB with Vista 64bit, WD 250GB with XPpro.

So while my chip is overclocked more than yours, you have 4 cores and all the new technology... plus your 9800gtx should be much faster (G80 vs G92) than my older 8800GTS. There must be a shortcoming to 3Dmark06 towards the newer processors and GPU's?

I'm curious to see what happens when you overclock.

What are the temps of the 9800GTX?

:icon_frow
                  |RIP| Counter=Ops 12.09.09 : Marine - Squadmate - Friend
                  sigpic

Comment

the psu estimator doesnt have the 9800 yet but i used 8800 ultra sli for the guestimate instead (gx2 uses way less than 2 8800 ultras...) and your system uses 455watts of power... so a 620 would be plenty (the link is in the PSU sticky if you want to see for yourself.... people go way overboard with PSUs... your psu will handle your system OC to 3.5 and SLI your gfx card...