passworded USB flash drive

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• passworded USB flash drive

Im looking for a USB flash drive that is at least 2Gb and has password protection on it so only those that know the password can access it and its data on any computer its used on.

Anyone know of any good and/or cheep ones I could get?
    |TG|Gabriel87
    Favorite quotes and sayings:

Teacher, Tommy you got a fairy godmother.
    Tommy, No, but we got an uncle we keep a close eye on.

*If anyone knows or has seen Markopilot please let him know that his gunner misses him and would like to talk to him agian. He knows me by Gabriel87.

Re: passworded USB flash drive

I typed this into Google search "password protected usb drive" and the search kicked up all kinds of links to free software programs that work on your existing USB to encrypt the data and allow you to take it from computer to computer.

Comment

I got a 8GB SanDisk Cruzer drive at my local Walmart for $68, it came with some software called U3 that will allow you to password protect the drive.

Or, there are a few free software utilities out there that will let you assign a password, many more that are not free, but for sale.

Comment

Windows has a free program called private folder....I dunno if they still distribute it, but it integrates very well into the shell. I have a copy if you are interested.

edit: it is freely available to anyone with google.
        Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
        The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Be sure you get actual encryption, not just superficial hiding.

If you format with NTFS, you can use its native encryption. Note that there's no back door, so if you lose the key, the data is gone.
          Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

This may be what you want: Corsair Flash Padlock ($20)
            http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820233058

It's a USB thumb drive with a keypad for entering a password. Until you key in the password, the data is inaccessible.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X