Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel shows off working 3.2GHz Nehalem processors at IDF

Intel shows off working 3.2GHz Nehalem processors at IDF

Intel's Nehalem chips were just officially announced a couple weeks ago, but the company's already showing off early samples at the Intel Developer Forum in China this week. Performance numbers are being closely guarded, but quad-core samples are clocked at 3.2GHz, and it's expected that Nehalem chips will offer up to a 30 percent performance increase at the same clock speeds over Core 2 processors. Of course, the name still sounds like a particularly violent sneeze, but you know Intel's running some hard-core focus groups right now to fix that problem.

photo at the link

Anyone else getting a bit horny for one of these?

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: Intel shows off working 3.2GHz Nehalem processors at IDF

No. "Horny" doesn't sound right paired with technology. *shivers*
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Install it in a Real Doll and we'll talk. :D
      Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Are these going to need new chipsets and sockets? Or will some of the current chips and mobos run these with BIOS updates?

Im thinking of putting in a new mobo, ram and cpu this summer/fall and want to be sure Im at least a little future proof.

Comment

Going to need a whole new setup for these. With their on CPU memory controler, it doesn't need the one on the MB anymore for one thing. And it is a new socket, and supposed to be DDR3 only, but read that most boards will have 6 RAM slots now.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Thanks Bamboo. I know for a fact that when I'm ready to build these will just about be out, be really expensive and I will want them. I of course will not have the coin and be "dissapointed" in having to "settle" for a blazing fast Q6600 or e8400 ddr2, p35/x38 setup.

Comment

New article just out and is pretty good, even better comments at the bottom of the article

http://www.dailytech.com/Intels+Neha...ticle11350.htm

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Well, with these processors and the whole kaboodle I imagine Vista should really shine then. Seriously I doubt I will be thinking of any upgrades for a long time since I just built this computer I am on now. I will be lucky to have a new computer in another 3 years...MAYBE.

Comment

I am really happy with mine right now as well, except I would like a better graf. card for ARMA and few upcomming games. The games that come out will dictate weather or not I get a Nehalem.

Farcry 2, ARMA 2, Operation FLashpoint 2, Battlefield 3 (if they don't screw it up too bad) etc.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
                    No. "Horny" doesn't sound right paired with technology. *shivers*
                    For Bamboo it is perfectly normal nature. I know its hard to except but that how it is

I also think that this will be crysis answer to running settings a high with no problems

Comment

More info on the socket
                      Nehalem's new CPU socket is bigger and more robust
                      Says all our aftermarket cpu coolers won't fit :(

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Great. So we'll have even weirder looking CPU coolers in the future that weigh quite a bit more and crap so people can OC the Nehalem to 10 GHz.
                        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                        TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                        Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                        Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X