• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox 3 Beta 5 Released!!!

http://blog.wired.com/monkeybites/20...ox-3-beta.html

Thanks to Acreo Aeneas for telling me about it
    And Bamboo for not beating me to it :)

Re: Firefox 3 Beta 5 Released!!!

Already installed it. Working fine. It imported everything (including my tabs) from Beta 4. The "x" button on each tab has been updated. Fonts seems to render with some better "quality" due to AA.

One of my Beta 4 plugins quit working...naturally.

As far as I can tell, FF3B5 (like previous ones) support CSS 2.1 W3C Recommendation, so that's a relief from FF2.x.

I'm going to do the Acid3 test on B5 to see if it can get a higher score than 68/100 (B4's best score).

Edit: w00t! 71/100. Hopefully FF3v1 will pass with flying colors. :D
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Waiting for the portable apps version, should be out tomorrow at the latest.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

What device are you going to use it in Bam?
        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
        Former 9th & 13th

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Gotta wait for my favorite app (RoboForm) to update and support it.

Comment

I always keep a copy of the portable version on my thumbdrive and for testing stuff on my desktop.

I also use it for things like paying bills, so I can keep all cookies stuff completely clean and not worry about paying my bills.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Originally posted by Bamboo View Post
              I always keep a copy of the portable version on my thumbdrive and for testing stuff on my desktop.

I also use it for things like paying bills, so I can keep all cookies stuff completely clean and not worry about paying my bills.
              Ah. I thought you were going to use it on some portable device (like a PDA, etc.).

Maybe, it's me, but is anyone else feeling that FF3B5 is extremely slow or hangs when your browsing through Mozilla's various webpages?
              |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
              Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Just for you Acid dropping baseheads

Mozillas Take on Acid3 Test

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Like clockwork:
                  http://portableapps.com/apps/interne..._portable/test

If you want to just play with the beta and not install it, it couldn't be any easier.
                  Just delete the folder when you are done.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Still waiting for some sort of hint as to when RC is going to release. :)

Hopefully by then, some of my favorite add-ons will be updated to support B5.
                    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                    Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

They get five betas to get it right? Lucky bastards.
                      Im not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
                      - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
                      - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
                      - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                      - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                      - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                      - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
                        Edit: w00t! 71/100. Hopefully FF3v1 will pass with flying colors. :D
                        Mozilla calls it "worthless" so that's doubtful. They'll continue to focus their efforts on improving the browser, not specifically patching obscurities in the spec just to pass some e-peen challenge :p .

(more acid 3 hate)

Acid3 could have had a positive effect on the web, says Shaver, but instead it has turned into a game. Microsoft and Adobe must be “chuckling about the hundreds of developer-hours” that have gone into fixing special cases no one cares about, he says. “It could have been a lot more.”

Comment

Final release is slated for June, and they are already talking about Firefox 4

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

It auto updated to b5 tonight.

Seems a weeeebit faster.
                            Skud

Comment

Originally posted by Satertek View Post
                              Mozilla calls it "worthless" so that's doubtful. They'll continue to focus their efforts on improving the browser, not specifically patching obscurities in the spec just to pass some e-peen challenge :p .

(more acid 3 hate)
                              It's called a "test". People don't seem to understand that. They are not trying to make it into a standard. It's just that some racy 'tards turned it into a "game". Microsoft shouldn't even be joking about that. They consistently refuse to conform to generally accepted web standards which is why it has all but failed even this acid "test" (21/100 - updated IE7).

I'm just concerned about each browser's conformity to the standard recommendations put forth by the W3C. Of course, IE won't conform until IE8, so right now, I'm focused on Firefox, Safari, and Opera.
                              |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                              Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X