• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550/Q9450 - 45nm Prevails

New review out:

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550/Q9450 - 45nm Prevails

More good news!

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550/Q9450 - 45nm Prevails

So far most stores still do not have the q9450 in stock yet. cheapest I seen listed for was this one. http://www.ncixus.com/products/27787...9Q9450A/Intel/ but as I said, not in stock yet. A buddy of mine said he can get one from a local computer store already though, I question him on that though. Usually I can find newly released processors online faster than getting them anywhere around in my area, since I am in nowhere, West Virginia.

Comment

Kind of on the same subject, here is a good review for the e8500, and they test it stock and overclocked.
      It beats my q6600 in lots of tests, but I think with mine overclocked I should be keeping up with it :D
      Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Review

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Hmm interesting. If they are just getting around to releasing these how do soon will the new arcitecture be from release? I thought it was this summer but it will take that long to have any of the Q9's in stock.

Comment

Promising.

Just hope they can meet demand.
          Anger is a gift - Malcolm X

Comment

After doing a little more reading the Nehalms they won't be released until Q1 of 2009 and if this current role out is any indication that means the mainstream processors will be Q3 before you can buy one easily.

Comment

Hoping to get a Q9450 around late June/early July...that will probably be when there is high demand, just when the prices start going down after release.

Comment

With all this new technology coming out this summer, I cant wait to build my new system from the ground up in Sept :D

Comment

My Q9450 is built and should be on its way this week :) my buddy built it for me

and trew in a few extra's i wassnt expecting :)

i went with the Q9450

Intel X38 MB

Corsair DDR3 Memory

Antec 900 case

200 gb hard drive

20x lg dvd burner

ultra 500 w powersupply

lots of pretty cooling fans with blue lights

Gemin II cooler for the cpu with two 120 mm blue cooling fans for the heat sink. http://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-.../dp/B000PYH8S8

as far as the video card im still deciding between the 8800GT and the 9600 lol i just dont know or maybe even the 9800 but i need to save more money before i get any of them lol.

so ill prolly just throw my 7950 gt ko into it for a month or so till i save enough to get a new dx10 card.

Comment

I would throw in the 7950 for a few months. Then in June or July when all the dust has settled from what Nvidia and ATI are about to release, you can decide which one is best.

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/hardwar...raf-cards.html

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

On a completely irrelevant note, congratulations on getting that ArmA admin job.

Comment

Thanks man.
                        ARMA is really taking off and was asked to help out. Looking forward to doing my part.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Yh, when I do finally get my system, ArmA is definitely one of the games I wanna get. I've always enjoyed FPS, but twitch was never my strong point, and I was always better at the other talents needed to be a decent squad player, communicating well with the squad etc. And the simulation environment, with the slower pace and higher level of strategy and discipline, looks very interesting, and something I would very much want to be a part of. I've already started preparing by learning the NATO code letters, already new up to Foxtrot, but after that I was lost (And I've read all the other SOPs, quite a few are similar to the BF2142 ones, although they're not usually completely used). After a bit of learning I've got a decent grasp on it at the moment.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X