New case: Antec 1200

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New case: Antec 1200

Just thought I would pass this on because it looks like this case will be a good one for a lot of people. I still love my p182 more than any other case, but look at all the easy to adjust fans on this one.

http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=12726&page=1

Lots of room inside too, even for big gfx. cards.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: New case: Antec 1200

I kinda like it, Of course I have the Antec Nine Hundred and I love this case. What I like is the fact you can make the fan settings without taking off the side. If I want to make adjustments to my fans I need to pull the side off and then set them to what I want. Not hard but the Antec 1200 would make things a lot quicker having them on the outside of the case.

Comment

My p182 has switches for high, med, and low on the outside, but they are on the back of the case. Wish they were on the front though. I could mod the case or buy a fan controller, but not worth the time.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

That is what I had thought about doing with my Antec 900, buying a fan controller or something so i can adjust the fan speeds but said the heck with it and just turned them on high and going to keep them there.

Comment

Lots more news out today about this since it is now officially released.
          Bad news is:
          "The case will retail for approximately $209.95"
          I am guessing places like newegg will have it a lot cheaper though.
          Looks like it will move a TON of air through the case though.

Links:
          Antec Launches the Stylish Twelve Hundred PC Case

Antec touts new Twelve Hundred case

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

A lot of people are giving the case a bad review and haven't even had time to check it out for themselves. Yes it is very expensive and that alone maybe the killer on it.

Comment

I wouldn't consider $200 expensive for a good case. It all depends on the type of rig you're building. You wouldn't want to spend a lot of money on a power cpu, psu, gpu and then skimp on the case. A properly built case goes a long way to making expandability and airflow worth the cost. I spent nearly $250 on a lian-li case years ago... and haven't had to change out the case since then.
              |TG-12th| asch
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bamboo View Post
                I still love my p182 more than any other case, but...
                Bamboo here is your new signature :row__644:

It looks like a nice case. I really need to get a better case. The standard 120mm at the front and back is a bit limiting with my current case.

Comment

I love the high performance case for air flow and easy access, but aren't there any good cases that don't have a big freaking window on them....

I feel like people who 'pimp their case' are just like those people who 'pimp their car' with all those worthless racing stickers instead of making actual improvements....

But yes, the case looks nice and big, with a chimney and good intakes just about everywhere :)
                  I want a nice case that doesn't look like I'm competing in some form of computer street race :|
                  |TG|Switch

Better known as:
                  That noob who crashed the chopper.
                  That noob who ran over the mine.
                  That noob who TK'd me with a sniper rifle.
                  That noob who hit that APC at 300m with light AT! Our APC...

Comment

Originally posted by Switch View Post
                    I love the high performance case for air flow and easy access, but aren't there any good cases that don't have a big freaking window on them....

I feel like people who 'pimp their case' are just like those people who 'pimp their car' with all those worthless racing stickers instead of making actual improvements....

But yes, the case looks nice and big, with a chimney and good intakes just about everywhere :)
                    I want a nice case that doesn't look like I'm competing in some form of computer street race :|
                    paint it black
                    The Old Guy
                    kin3
                    sigpic

Comment

14.5 kg. I don't think this will be going to a lot of LAN parties.

I bought my Antec LANBoy because it was super-light. It's also about as fragile as the Apollo Lunar Module (ie. you could put your fist through the thin aluminum wall) but that's the cost you pay for portability.
                      Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

I understand, I said the case is expensive and it maybe the killer of it but I would spend that money on it if I needed a good case. I also feel like if you spend a crap load of maony on expensive components the case should not get skimped on. The 1200 should definitely keep most systems cool even slightly OC'ed computers.

Comment

Originally posted by kin3 View Post
                          paint it black

Trade Mark Rolling Stones 1973. Carefull Kin don't want to get sued.

After doing some fiddling around in my current case the one thing this case looks like it offers is more room between the mobo and drive cages compared to most average cases. I could really use that extra space to save me getting furstrated and hand cramps.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X