Western Digital Velociraptor 300GB SATA HD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Western Digital Velociraptor 300GB SATA HD

Sorry I have been AFK lately, but am really busy with work.

I just had to post this ASAP though. WD just announced a new raptor harddrive and it is the fastest disk platter based drive yet. Its getting lots of good reviews:

WD's New Raptor Drive Is a Bird of Prey!

Western Digital Velociraptor 300GB SATA HD

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: Western Digital Velociraptor 300GB SATA HD

I'm all over this one on my next upgrade. :icon14: I love the Raptors although admittedly for gaming itself a faster hard drive is only minimally useful.

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

I was expecting the Jurassic Park disclaimer.

What bugs me is that Jurassic Park was just barely good enough in the special effects department that the viewing masses somehow bought the film as an educational resource and not simply a big-budget monster movie.

So, hard drives. I don't get fired up about them, but WD has my business these days since Maxtor burned me far too many times and Seagate shot themselves in the face by putting their name on Maxtors.

Comment

Only one thing I can say about a new drive:

On a clear disk, you can seek forever.

:D
        Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

I want so bad to dump 2 of these in my new laptop. Raid 0 w/ dual 10k 16meg cache drives AND 1.4 million hours MTBF.... holy crap.

15mm drives would need a mod though. I think my laptop could hold 11 or so.... Dremel much?

I guess I could get an esata card and drop them into an enclosure.... then boot from the card. so many possibilities.
          Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
          The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X