Best 42" LCD TV for Gaming?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best 42" LCD TV for Gaming?

I'm considering buying a secondary TV. While it will be used to watch TV, its primary use will be for gaming--Wii, XBox 360, etc. I've not done much console gaming, so am not sure what specs I should be looking for other than a low response time. Can anyone offer some suggestions on good 42" LCD TVs or specs that make a good console gaming TV?

The one that caught my eye so far is the Sharp-Aquos-LC42D64U

Also, I've read the great info in this thread.
    Last edited by Twisted_Firestarter; 04-21-2008, 05:43 PM.
    Twisted Firestarter
    a.k.a |TG| Harkonian
    sigpic

Re: Best 42" LCD TV for Gaming?

Interesting topic. I have never heard it discussed, probably because I don't hang at the console watering holes.

Comment

there is a wee xbox360? is that like a ps2 slim?

I would love a wii xbox360. the big one is a beast to carry, and if they came out with a wii xbox360, the original would drop n price by like 20-30 percent.

ok, I was joking, but now I want a smaller form factor xbox360 to hit the market.
      Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
      The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Any reason you want an LCD for gaming and not a plasma?
        |TG-12th| asch
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by asch View Post
          Any reason you want an LCD for gaming and not a plasma?
          I dunno, is there? I didn't look into plasmas too much, but one concern I have is burn-in.
          Twisted Firestarter
          a.k.a |TG| Harkonian
          sigpic

Comment

If you're getting a quality plasma from the past few years you shouldn't have to worry about burn-in. And if you do play a game that has the same graphic up for a long period of time and get temporary burn-in, you just have your TV on a channel for a few hours and it's gone.

I've been reading up a lot on LCDs / Plasmas over the past few months as I try to pick out my new one. www.avsforum.com is a great resource.

The best 42" 1080p Plasma on the market right now, IMO, is the Panasonic 42pz85u. There is also the 42pz80u which doesn't have the PC connection.

I personally just purchased the 46" 1080p Panasonic 46pz80u. That's right... Panasonic just came out with a 46" plasma. The price was $1600 after discounts.

Panasonic is coming out with a new line in a few months that are supposed to have a slightly better processor and handle 1080p/24fps, but that's more a feature for movie watching and not necessarily beneficial for gaming.
            |TG-12th| asch
            sigpic

Comment

It you plan on hooking up a PC to your big screen then an LCD is much better for text. If it wasn't for that, my next TV would be a plasma. I would imagine a Plasma having less ghosting.

Comment

Plasmas also reflect a lot of light due to the glass screen. Not good for well lit areas.

To me Sharps are the bets looking LCDs, they do have a "banding issue" though. I'm not sure how many TV it effects though.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X