Free PGP?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free PGP?

My next client needs everything to be PGP encrypted... anyone have a PGP client they can recommend? I'd like something that integrates into the WinXP shell (right-click -> Encrypt)...

:)

Re: Free PGP?

What's the use case? Are you encrypting files on a disk, or in email?

Possible resources:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pretty_Good_Privacy
    http://www.openpgp.org/

(I've only used it for checking signatures on Linux RPM packages, but I find the question interesting.)
    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

It's for file/disk encryption.

Comment

Is there a good reason not to use the native NTFS encryption? (I'm a fan of open solutions, so I'm just wondering if there's something bad in the NTFS stuff.)
        Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

My customer (Bose Automotive) is required to use PGP. RIAA/MPAA mandates that protected data sent over an open network must be DTCP encrypted.... and all code/documentation pertaining to DTCP must be super double secret (PGP) encrypted.

Anyway - I found a free version of PGP Desktop... it's just not obvious from the PGP.com page that there is actually a free version... they push pretty hard towards a licensed 'full featured' version.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
            I found a free version of PGP Desktop.
            And that Free version is...?

(Need one as well)

Comment

If you download the PGP Desktop demo and don't register it, it reverts back to free mode functionality. IE: No real integration with mail systems, no encrypted SFX files, etc.

File encryption still works, mail encryption still works, you just lose the fancy integration.
              Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

right^^

basically, on the install page, you deselect all components. this makes it only install the core files. it's got windows shell integration, so you can right-click and encode&sign.

Comment

http://www.spywarewarrior.com/uiuc/ss/pgp8fw/pgp8fw.htm

Only difference is the download link there doesn't work. I had to google to find the installer... search for "PGP802-PF-W.zip"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X