CCleaner 2.0 Decrapifies Your PC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCleaner 2.0 Decrapifies Your PC

I have posted about this program before, and it just released 2.0.
    Really good program, and should be on everyones list of things to run at least once a week.
    Kind of scary how many things it finds that you didn't think your computer kept, like records of flash type videos and other stuff.

Link:
    CCleaner 2.0 Decrapifies Your PC

I will also pass on the same warning one of the commenters mentions:
    "I'd advise first-timers to be careful with the "Advanced" options under the "Cleaner" tab. XP keeps a lot of settings you'll often take for granted, such as remembered window location and sizes, tray icons you chose to hide all the time, as well as customised folders, in addition to other things.

When in doubt, leave it unchecked. In fact, I have all the "advanced" options unchecked. Be especially careful with the hotfix uninstallers; I seem to recall (last I visited Piriform's support website) that it makes it impossible for you to uninstall hotfixes once you carry that option out.

Likewise with the registry cleaner; I learned the hard way that certain things should not be cleaned up if you don't know what they are, such as those cryptic ActiveX classes, shared DLLs and unused extensions. Also leave the MUI cache alone if you don't know what to do with it."

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: CCleaner 2.0 Decrapifies Your PC

Originally posted by Bamboo View Post
    Likewise with the registry cleaner; I learned the hard way that certain things should not be cleaned up if you don't know what they are, such as those cryptic ActiveX classes, shared DLLs and unused extensions.
    This is why my house tends to be so messy. I contemplate throwing something away and then worry that, as the garbage truck drives away with it, I'll realize that it was something critical. :p
    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

I use it and like it but be careful. I didn't set which cookies to save and deleted all my passwords. I had a hard time remembering them all. I now keep a spreadsheet of all my passwords. And yes it is passworded.
      The Old Guy
      kin3
      sigpic

Comment

now the challenge is to remember that password.
        Reapator, overlord of ponies

Comment

I couldnt live with out CC cleaner. Found it 2 years ago, sooo goood.
          sigpic Sometimes I rip, other times I RIP.

Comment

Originally posted by kin3 View Post
            I use it and like it but be careful. I didn't set which cookies to save and deleted all my passwords. I had a hard time remembering them all. I now keep a spreadsheet of all my passwords. And yes it is passworded.
            Check out RoboForm. Integrates into the browser and has backup functionality built in.

Comment

Now if they would make a .dat cleaner for Vista 64 bit. anybody know of one? I know of a free one but it only reads the .dat files and doesn't do a good job earasing the information. Ccleaner is supposed to but doesn't, guess it may work with XP or Vista 32 bit though but not 64 bit. At least not on my computer it doesn't.

Comment

Man I love CCleaner. It is probably the most useful program I have on my computer right now. I would recommend this to anyone who doesn't have it, and best of all... it's free.

And msdz, just ask on the support forums to check to see if it's just your computer that's not letting it work.
                |TG| HolyEnd

Comment

Actually I could not live with out RoboForm either. Good DigitalAssassin
                  sigpic Sometimes I rip, other times I RIP.

Comment

I love this program, and install it on every computer I work on. It's a great tool, and you can't beat the price!
                    birdie_in_Texas:ok..i feel stupid here..what is "NS"..? Wyzcrak:Natural Selection. Don't feel at a loss for not knowing the acronym. Feel at a loss for not having experienced the game.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X