BF2142 crashing to desktop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2142 crashing to desktop

I have been crashing to the desktop for no reason for the past 2 days. I get about 10 to 15 minutes into a round and BAM! Im looking icons on the desktop; no lost connection, no nothing. Any suggestions?

Re: BF2142 crashing to desktop

Hmm, i would suggest a total uninstall/reinstall for starters. This should hopefully clear up any software problems that might be going on. If that doesnt work I would start looking for hardware sources of the problem. Have you installed any new hardware or updated drivers for existing hardware? Does this happen on any other game, namely any other Battlefield title? EA does not have a good record in sorting out random software problems and I for one have had problems just getting Battlefield games to start due to random things. Check the official BF2142 forums too, others might have had this problem in the past and my have found specific things to do to fix it.

heres the link to the forums for quick reference:
    http://forums.easports.com/mboards/f...a?forumID=3458

Comment

@Coffin,

I believe you are going to find that these recent crashes are not limited to just yourself. Many in the community have been experiencing your problem and others since the EA master servers began acting up last Monday (April 28th). This has been affecting the BF2 crowd as well.

Comment

Did the uninstal, then the patch, then NS, then the patch. Didnt work. Doesnt happen on any other game, EA or otherwise. I dont have any other Battlefield titles. Looked through the forums, same advice you gave. I did see a link for a registry cleaner thing and did the free DL/scan. It showed 400+ "things" out of whack...basic crap like .dll that went nowhere and dead end files extensions-deleted them all, so Im going to see if that works.

Thanks for the reply.

Comment

I havent had any crash's since the 28th but after one or two rounds I will lose my connection to the master server, then it wont accept my password so Ill have to restart.
          |TG-Irr|Sythos

Xbox Live= Latius

Comment

Originally posted by draeh View Post
            @Coffin,

I believe you are going to find that these recent crashes are not limited to just yourself. Many in the community have been experiencing your problem and others since the EA master servers began acting up last Monday (April 28th). This has been affecting the BF2 crowd as well.
            I am sure this is the issue. I am getting it as well.

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by draeh View Post
              @Coffin,

Same here! Thought it was my new motherboard install giving me problems.

Comment

Guys, his game is crashing to desktop, it's not going to the log-on screen (which is what i assume is happening to you guys, from experience).
                sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X