X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EVGA adds USB DisplayLink adapter

Link:
    EVGA adds USB DisplayLink adapter

If you don't run dual monitor setups, you have no idea what you are missing. And it is extremely easy to do. But EVGA just announced a box that will let you add even more monitors very easily. (I would really like 4 actually)

They are even giving away 15 of them.

Edit!!!
    Newegg actually has the higher up model for only $80
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16815101001

How many of you are running dual display?

Last edited by Bamboo; 05-06-2008, 09:15 AM.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: EVGA adds USB DisplayLink adapter

I run Dual at work... Superb.. Not sure about at home since not sure of the Gaming support or need... but "need" is relative... isn't it.. ;-)
    |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
    ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

I don't think there is much gaming support, but for everything else it is awesome.
      I run with game on 22" and teamspeak and other apps like temp monitors in the 15".

Right now I am typing this on the 22", and watching the Simpsons ep. I missed on Sunday on Hulu.com on the 15".

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Ah, a display adapter that connects to the PC's USB port instead of a card slot. Not likely to be something you could run a game from (is 480 Mbps fast enough to feed the polygons, if you preload the textures?) but good enough for most desktop work.
        Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

From http://www.evga.com/articles/409.asp "no onboard GPU" so definitely not for gaming. All rendering must be done by the host.
          Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

ive got duel display running w/ a 20.1 as my main and a 17" for teamspeak, nvidia monitor (for GPU temp lvls, CPU performance load), word processing and much more.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X