Help !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help !

I've received 5 mails back today, none of which I sent, they all look almost exactly like this one except addy's are different....

***The original message was received at Wed, 27 Oct 2004 20:36:04 -0400
    from adsl-67-64-191-49.dsl.hstntx.swbell.net [67.64.191.49]

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
    <[email protected]>
    (reason: 550 5.1.1 <[email protected]>... User unknown)

----- Transcript of session follows -----
    ... while talking to mx1.megamailservers.com.:
    >>> DATA
    <<< 550 5.1.1 <[email protected]>... User unknown
    550 5.1.1 <[email protected]>... User unknown
    <<< 503 5.0.0 Need RCPT (recipient)

I thought maybe a virus, so I used an online scanner, it said I had Turown.A , and the file was td.exe. I couldn't find td.exe anywhere, so I ran McAfee Virus Scan, and it showed nothing.. :icon_conf ...absolutely nothing....Adaware, Bazooka, spybot S&D, and HijackThis find no such file....or anything else out of line....and yet these "returned" mails...?? I'm no tech wizard....any ideas....suggestions ?? seen it before ??

TIA!!

phil

Re: Help !

They are spoofed return email addresses. The virus got sent out from somewhere else, but put your address as the sender.

Don't worry about it. I get several a week like that. :icon33:

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Ok...so far, I've gotten 22 of these "returns" Are there people out there actually receiving mail from "my " account then ??

Comment

No, your account is not sending these e-mails. The sending address has been spoofed to be yours.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X