create an xp home install disk?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• create an xp home install disk?

ok all I am at a loss. years ago a guy built me a pc and then gave me a xp install disk he made by taking files from an already running pc. does anyone know what files are needed to make an install disk? I have a good cd key so I just want to make a new disk....the one the guy made years ago is scratched and cannot be read by the drive HELP!
    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Re: create an xp home install disk?

the computer has to have an i386 folder....

even then, there are a few other files, plus the bootable portion, to make it work... it is better to just find an .iso of the OS that matches your keycode to download.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
    The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

where would i find that?
      "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

link sent in pm
        Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
        The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Just a suggestion, after you get another disc make a backup copy of that backup copy. I always have 2 copies for safe keeping and never stored together. A friend of mine just used the i386 folder but then he had to make it into a bootable disc. I am not sure how he did that but I am sure if I wanted to find out I could ask him or even tinker and get it done myself.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X